[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Discipline, and lack thereof

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: discipline[1].jpg (455KB, 1497x1024px) Image search: [Google]
discipline[1].jpg
455KB, 1497x1024px
I have close to no discipline, so I can't really get anything done, especially in the long term.

What do?
>>
>>18239267
Shameless self-bump.
>>
>>18239267
I recommend just forcing yourself to do things, don't think about anything. Be like a mindless robot and do what you have to do, then it becomes easier.

I know it sounds like "to have discipline just have discipline" but it's just like that, just do it and stop wasting time on 4chan, do what you have to do. If you need it just create a strict schedule and follow it.
>>
>>18239574
So you're saying there is no real solution, except "just do it"?
>>
>>18239267
That pic is bs, I have almost all qualities of a disclipned person yet I have very little of it.
I have enough to wake every morning and go to work, but thats it.
Pretty much everything else I ignore or do absolute minimum for it to go away.
>>
lots of people have problems getting shit done in the long term. as an example, some programmers need someone to organize their work, because otherwise they get nothing done. yet these programmers can build awesome stuff...
I myself barely have discipline, but I love what I do, so I try learning as much as I can, all the time. if you have good memory, like the stuff you do, etc., you can "just do it" and still be good or get shit done.
>>
>>18239602
The real solition is doing it, what else do you want? Achieving discipline is not magical and easy, that's why you don't have it. You have to actually work for it.
>>
Make an overall goal in what you want to achieve.
Make targets which achieve the goal. These targets have to have a time frame, a quantifiable output and possibly a reward.
Shit example:
Run a marathon
Train lots, get good shoes, eat well.
Everything on this list is too vague. When is the event, what time are you going to run it in, is the target time achievable in the amount of time to train before the event? Good shoes? Yeah naturally, how will you know if they're the right shoes for you, is your gait ok? How are you going to eat well? What is it about your diet which is unhealthy by comparison?

A good example:
To finish the ***** Marathon in under 4:30:00
Or
To finish the Marathon in the top half of the field
Or
To finish the marathon 20 mins faster than PB

In 4 months my target pace is 8:00/mile average over 20k, I will achieve this by increasing run pace and distance gradually every week from 9:00/mile over 10k and training every other day, with longer sessions on the weekends

Ensure all equipment is right for gait/terrain/distance, I will achieve this by going for a gait analysis and asking others with more experience.

Current diet has too much sugar/processed food. Cut down on junk food during the week but ok after training on the weekend. Buy more fresh fruit, drink more water, eat only lean meat.

I will track my progress with a training diary where I can make plans for training and review completed sessions.

Obviously what you do is up to you but using sport as an example is good because it is easy to get the point across about discipline because you need a lot of it to do well!

Hope this helps

Tl;dr
Make a plan that is achievable and quantifiable.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.