[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to stop paying for a girl without it being awkward?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 07156730.interactive.a.jpg (422KB, 950x1200px) Image search: [Google]
07156730.interactive.a.jpg
422KB, 950x1200px
>be poor student
>dating a girl for 3 weeks now
>had 5 dates so far
>bought her 2 coffees, 1 cinema ticket so far
>expected her to say something and start paying for herself or something
>didn't happen

so what do I do now?

I don't want to become her wallet
>>
>>18239114
You're not paying everytime so obviously it's entirely your choice.

Like killing yourself, just do it or don't.
>>
You don't have to make a big deal out of it or expect her to address it. The next time you go out, make a point to ask your waiter to split the check, walk away from the counter after paying for your coffee etc. If she doesn't give you a shit look or get pissy, then I'd say you're in the clear.

That being said, if it's something like "Hey, let me take you out to dinner tonight. I'll make reservations" your ass is footing the bill.
>>
You could plan "free" dates like hiking, picnics, and other free events some of the time. Or just fucking talk to her about how you can't afford it and if she flips out then hey, you dodged a bullet.
>>
>>18239114

as a general rule if you're going to invite a girl out to do something, you should be prepared to pay for it.

thats why i generally just invite a girl to my place for me to make her dinner. if shes into it, then i know shes into me. if shes not, then i know shes just date baiting.

a surprising number of girls love the idea of just coming over and either having me cook a meal or cooking togehter.,
>>
>>18239124
I don't get what you mean by me not paying everytime?
For myself? For her?

>>18239125
That's what I thought, but I feel like it would be awkward since I always payed and she will be shocked regardless if she's 'gold-digger' or not, since I will just break the habit out of sudden with not paying for her this time.

I could be overthinking it tho.

>>18239139
Yeah well that's what I go mostly for, but sometimes I just wanna grab a coffee so I am interested in that as well.

The thing is I can afford it but I just feel she might become attached to me simply because she knows I am a free coffee/dinner for her anytime she wants and I don't want that,
>>
>>18239153
5 dates and you've only bought her 3 things inexpensive things. I don't think you've set a precedent or anything, and it should be easy to transition into "pay for your own thing 90% of the time".
>>
>>18239125

Just tell her you're low on money and want to do free dates for a while. if she likes you, she won't mind.

If you do what this guy says and just suddenly ask to split the bill -- that would be awkward. She might be expecting you to pay it and come without cash, for instance. Or she might think it means you got annoyed at her and don't want to date her anymore. So just talk to her about it.
>>
>>18239153

Idk I really doubt that a few free meals and coffees would really be an adequate reason for he to suffer through company she doesn't enjoy for others reasons.

Idk just talk to her. Light heartedly but firmly suggest you take turns picking out the plan for the date and paying for it. If she apes out over that then congrats you dodged a bullet
>>
>>18239160
>>18239170
>>18239171
Would just mentioning that it's better to také turns paying for the other one be okay?

To be honest I expected her to say something herself or inviting me for a coffee herself but she hasn't
>>
>>18239184

Yeah pretty much. I'd probably try it to frame it in a light hearted way like "so when are *you* going to take me out and treat *me* to some movies and coffee"
>>
>>18239195
shit that's great, that actually sounds perfect

thanks!

I am shocked I couldn't think of anything like that yet you came up with this in a moment lol
>>
>>18239184

i think thats awkward. easier just to say 'ets go dutch' though theres no not awkward way to have the conversation.

but if everyones just willing to pay for themselves theres no issue.
>>
>>18239201

Dw anon, it is way easier to see this kind of thing from an outside perspective and I am deeply awkward when it comes to my own life too. This phenomena is why shit like /adv/ is helpful at all.
>>
>>18239114

breakup and save your money. trust me you will thank me later in life because saved money for yourself instead of letting a leech take all of it.
>>
>>18239124
This.
Only honest answer.
>>
>>18239114
>2 coffee
>1 ticket for the film
Lmao you call that paying for something? If you're such a jew go for walks and drink from puddles along the road
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.