[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright I think this timeline is getting crazier and crazier.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: adsf.jpg (38KB, 602x409px) Image search: [Google]
adsf.jpg
38KB, 602x409px
Alright I think this timeline is getting crazier and crazier.

>New Job
>Get told I will have plenty of projects to work on
>Get paid 67k a year
>Spend last three months in an office doing nothing but browse 4chan, vidya and go toilet to exercise.
>Boss never asks me to do anything
>Literally fix a few things every now and then and play around with web development

Is this reality? My job is amazing but this can't last forever, my boss does not care what I do never asks me, doesn't ask me to do anything and everything I've done has been sought of my own.

I've tried asking numerous times and I'm just told "don't worry." Truth be told I don't feel a valuable enough asset and that I have brought nothing to the company other then being a backup.

What is the boss thinking? What can I say or do to change this? I can't accept pay for doing absolutely nothing but showing up and covering people every now and then.
>>
>>18237580
saving up isn't bad
figure out what you'd like to do with y>>18237
>>
>>18237580
I really need to bring something to the table but the job is uninteresting as it is. Theres not much within our current circumstances that I can think of that can be added. I work for a manufacturing company. Schedules full, sales are there. I literally don't have a position. I'm not told anything and just left to my own devices.

I don't know what to do? The boss is hard to talk too, a real introvert.

Should I just keep waiting around until I get fired? With the right guidance I'm capable of anything and so I am an asset in the sense that if anything ever did happen I could easily slot into any position there.
>>
>>18237580
Save your money and enjoy the ride, you never know when the money will dry up. How big is your company? What industry? If you are in an industry that is cyclical they may be going through good times and can afford the luxury of backup/potential replacement guy down the line.
>>
>>18237580
>I can't accept pay for doing absolutely nothing
Idk but advice aside, you absolutely can, you lucky motherfucker :> Life ain't fair, so take advantage of that.
>>
>>18237580
Are they taking applications?
>>
My job is like this. Been here almost three years and on the one hand I don't want to give it up, but on the other I'm afraid that it's spoiling me and I'll not be able to work hard in a future job.
>>
>>18237596
>>18237593
>>18237603
Its a very small business team of 10 but stable, lots of work. Sales are in and production can't keep up with potential for more work but in saying that I don't think it is in the multi-millions.

I don't know what to do, the person I work for is a good person and I want to do the best by them.

I'm not told to do anything. I have no sense of doing anything without that and realistically I'm not super qualified for anything.
>>
The boss barely talks to anyone.. another person who runs the show has everything going smoothly. The production team have lots of flaws and get things going, theres lots of things I can learn but everytime I tried to step up I feel as though I'm just getting in the way or no one has time to run me through things, so for at least 5 - 6 hours I'm just in my office browsing online or whatever.

What can I do?
>>
File: 1487270993326.jpg (201KB, 1200x789px) Image search: [Google]
1487270993326.jpg
201KB, 1200x789px
WHAT DO I DO? HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.