[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop fucking up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: KermitThinking.jpg (16KB, 221x246px) Image search: [Google]
KermitThinking.jpg
16KB, 221x246px
Every time I think I'm finally getting my shit together I just keep making stupid fucking mistakes that make my life harder and increase my stress

At school, at work, in my relationship, my friendships, my family.. I just can't go a single day without a major fuck up

Example: today I realized that I missed the deadline for registering for next semester's classes by over a week, so now I'm stuck with a schedule I don't want and a $100 fee for a class that is now only available online.

It feels like I've been trying to get my shit together forever, saying every day "this is the day things will change" but every time it's not true. So now I'm resorting to spilling my feelings onto a West African marble collecting forum.

/blog
>>
you're not being good to yourself
lighten up and start treating yourself right

you can start by flushing out the negative
and then composing yourself by doing things that are good for who you are now
>>
>>18237463
It used to not bother me when I made mistakes but recently they just seem so frequent and severe that I can't not hate myself for making them. Especially things that affect my academics or work life. I feel like if I lighten up it'll just pave the way to failure.

It isn't always that I feel so negative, but this last example was just tonight and I fear continuing to fuck myself over
>>
>>18237476
so you fucked up tonight and have in the past
you don't do yourself any favours kicking yourself for making mistakes
abusing yourself encourages the opposite of growth
you reinforce negative feedback loops and end up more stuck than you were before

but you don't have to worry about being perfect to alleviate your mental torture
just start easing up on yourself when you find yourself being critical of something you're doing
the mind is not perfect
and needs to be trained sometimes
especially after it's been treated poorly for a while

so be good to yourself
and put yourself in an environment that will allow you to go easier on yourself
ask for help and understand and respect your limits
you have to build up by doing good by who you are now to be someone you'd want to be in the future
>>
>>18237484
this made me feel a lot better

thanks anon
>>
>>18237495
you're welcome

y-you saying that made me feel good too ;_;
>>
Sounds like you're disorganized. Wonder what your car, room, or backpack looks like.

Time management falls under organization, so get a calendar.
>>
>>18237484
I also agree good post BUT what about when theres nobody to help you? Give up or go alone?
>>
>>18237522
an optimal environment doesn't have to preclude good relationships
although they are very good at helping for most

you need to figure what your limits require you to have in order to compose yourself
some people can have families and friends they come back to
and some people do better relaxing and spending time to themselves
or engaging themselves in new situations where the excitement of new relationships or challenges helps them move forward

it's unique to each person
because we all grew differently and have different resources at our disposal
do what works best for you for what you have and what you need
>>
>>18237455
You need to take a break, anon. Spend a summer letting yourself fuck up and seeing where it takes you.
>>
>>18237455

you dont. thats life really. if there was one cohesive way to stop fucking things up that'd be great. scheduling can help, but it doesn't stop spontaneous fuck uppery.
>>
>>18237508
A mess, a mess, and slightly less of a mess. Time management is without a doubt my greatest weakness, and with the sudden addition of a girlfriend and a job to my life I'm feeling the repercussions of this weakness much more than usual.
>>
>>18237455
your question is too vague , I hate to say it op but you fucked up again .
>>
File: 45772.jpg (23KB, 329x322px) Image search: [Google]
45772.jpg
23KB, 329x322px
>>18237560
brb kms
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.