[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How To Personality?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: 1491011484929.jpg (69KB, 395x450px) Image search: [Google]
1491011484929.jpg
69KB, 395x450px
>people see me as being quite a character (in a neither negative or positive way)
>effortlessly make people laugh
>usually accidentally "bait and switch"--say something hilarious or interesting because I'm feeling chill
>people's interests perk up, they try to talk to me mano-y-mano
>flashbang goes off in my head and everything freezes in stark nothingness
>become a deer in the face of the headlights of eternity, dumb and listless
>disappoint everyone who tries talking to me

This is less of a "do I have a personality"? post. I'm assuming I don't have one, but I have the goddamned genuine desire to get my grubby hands on one, even if I have to lie and shit my way there. How do I consistently cultivate a personality of my own and give it actual substance, rather than illusory signs of life?

>have principles
Is an interesting one I heard. Fuck knows I have none.
>>
Everyone has a personality it's just some are more concealed than others. Many times it is behavior that largely determines your personality. Just consider how you freeze up when someone strikes a conversation with you. That's your behavior not your personality. Just work on your social interacting skills- besides, it's usually not your own self that notices your own personality but instead other people that notice it and tell you.
>>
>>18237079
I'm referring to the bootleg version of personality. You know how some assholes say "that person is generic as fuck; they have no personality"?

Your advice still applies, of course.
>>
>>18237070
The guy pointing has teddy Roosevelts face and i have a moustache like the little guys. Irrelevant i know but felt like sharing lol
>>
>>18237117
Only someone without a personality would admit that. Don't let that bother you. You're making this a bigger issue than what it should be and you will have a harder time trying to be something you are not. Just use some social skills or maybe it's more of a problem where you need to cultivate your background, experience, and philosophy (which many lack and urgently need).
>>
>>18237070
>mano-y-mano

I'm a native spanish speaker and have no idea what this means
>>
File: 1492287993542.jpg (33KB, 412x430px) Image search: [Google]
1492287993542.jpg
33KB, 412x430px
>>18237261
[spoiler]It's simply a common saying. Usually used in more of a fighting context, though, like "hand to hand (mano y mano), I'll fight you!"

I guess I couldn't help seeing it as being similar to "face to face". My mistake. [/spoiler]
>>
File: 1491132941400.gif (2MB, 718x404px) Image search: [Google]
1491132941400.gif
2MB, 718x404px
>>18237283
RIP spoiler attempt
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.