[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I go to prom?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 143876957027.png (132KB, 1256x1075px) Image search: [Google]
143876957027.png
132KB, 1256x1075px
Should I go to prom?
>>
Yes, but try not to enjoy yourself
>>
If you want to, yes
If you don't want to, no
>>
>>18236994

Yes. I know it might seem stupid and costly now, but it's a stupid rite of passage thing that you'll look back on fondly in the future when people/your girlfriend/wife/kids ask you about whether or not you went to prom. It's a lot better than saying "ah no well ahhh I just stayed in and played Dark Souls kids."

Take a friend or some random chick if you don't have a date. Doesn't have to be a big thing.
>>
>>18237005
I went to three proms before my senior year, and not one of them was what I'd call a found memory. My pictures look stupid, I spent too much money, and didn't have nearly as much fun as I did skipping my senior prom to have a party with my friends where we all got high and played Tony Hawk's Pro Skater for like 4 hours.

I have literally no good memories of actually going to prom. The only decent part was one of the parties I went to after (and that's only one out of three after prom parties I've attended). Here's a protip: You don't actually have to go to prom before attending an after prom party.

If I could go back in time and do it all over again, I wouldn't go to a single school dance EVER and not regret it for a moment.
>>
>>18237046
Preach!
>>
I skipped my senior prom of high school. I asked my colleagues at the time if it was worth it and they said it was mostly unmemorable. Of course, if your school is planning something huuuuge then
I would go. Otherwise, no date, no group, don't go.
>>
>>18237046

At least you went and can be like "eh, it was overrated."

Guaranteed if OP doesn't go he ends up sitting in some dorm room freshman year while everyone talks about what went on at their prom and feels like a fucking loser because he doesn't have a story to tell and spent the night sitting at home while people had fun.

Go ahead, call me a normie or something, but OP can make up the money he's going to spend in a few hours' work, but he can't go back to being 17/18 and doing this stupid-but-fun high school ritual shit.
>>
>>18237073
>sitting in some dorm room freshman year while everyone talks about what went on at their prom

What shitty, boring ass college is he attending? Are they not allowed to have actual fun, interesting conversations on campus? I have never once had anyone talk at length about their prom, because no one really enjoys it.

But maybe I'm wrong. Why don't you tell us all how great your prom was and what made it so awesome.
>>
Thanks for the input anons
>>
>>18237087

My prom was actually shitty, but in a fun way. I went through three dates in the lead-up, and ended up going with a hot girl the day beforehand. Turns out the guy who was in charge of planning the limos was a total idiot, so he fucked up and we had to drive cars instead of limos. Most of our group's "romantic night" was ruined but I got to hang with a chill hot chick with no expectations and we ate our expensive but shitty dinner, smuggled in a flask, had some laughs, my friend surprisingly got picked as prom queen, we went to an after-party, I got a handjob in a rental tux, and my best friend dropped off his date so he could fuck limo guy's date.

Not the most amazing time, but memorable.

>What shitty, boring ass college is he attending? Are they not allowed to have actual fun, interesting conversations on campus?

People talk about all kinds of shit, and in the first semesters when it's all about not knowing shit about each other, falling back on your shitty party stories is a pretty standard fallback. I'm not sure what "fun interesting deep conversations" you were having at 18, but I'm sure you're not old enough to legally drink yet so you think you're cultured as fuck and "above" talking about it.
>>
>>18236994
I went to my prom 10 years ago
I was a stupid fucking nerd who couldn't get a date.
I mostly stayed in the games room playing pool.
I forced myself to go to the dance floor for a bit but I was so bad my math teacher came up and whispered to me "Wiggle your arms and hips and people will think you're dancing".

I've had a lot of time to reflect on it.
Go and feel disappointed
Better than not going and feeling like something could have happened

Embarrassment is better than regret.
>>
>>18236994
If you have a date or group then sure.

If not then fuck that noise, stay home and chill with some vidya.
>>
>>18237005
This
>>
I went to prom twice but the third time I had the opportunity, I threw a party at home instead. One of the worst hangovers of my life.

Idk it's boring but if you like spending a lot of money to get dressed up and be supervised by your school staff, go for it.
>>
>>18236994
No. Only students in high school should go to prom. It would be strange if an adult who frequents an Eritrean coffee image board was lurking there.
>>
>>18236994
I didn't want to. I didn't. I regret nothing.
>>
>>18238934
Just like me. I don't even know what I miss so I'm ok with that. Though time from time I want to cry because of my loneliness. Funny, huh?
>>
Only go if you want to. You're not going to regret not attending a dumb highschool party
>>
>>18238731

you're a special kind of moron. A senior in high school can post on 4chan without getting the banhammer, as in most cases they turn 18 that school year.
>>
>>18237005
this
do it OP, what's the worst that could happen
>>
i didn't go and im glad because I grew to hate everyone I know
>>
>>18236994
Depends, OP

If you have a date, go

If you like the music and dancing, go

If you like hanging out with your classmates, go

If you don't have any of those things, don't go
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.