[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thanks for reading

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1443918160099.png (221KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1443918160099.png
221KB, 480x480px
Why do you need friends? Wouldn't it make sense to not want your happiness to be contingent on other people?
>>
>>18236793
Because humans live in packs
>>
>>18236793
Humans are social creatures. Human contact is essential
>>
>>18236797
What about people who throw themselves into working on things? Surely there are people alone in the world?
Can you not be satisfied with your hobbies and interests?
>>
>>18236837
You can, but most people suffer when they are alone and can't connect to others
>>
>>18236793

really it wouldn't make sense for life to be the way it is at all, but it is.

when people say your happiness hsouldn't be contingent on other people, they mean that in the niche sense. like you should not need particular people. your friends can be great but you gotta accept that one day they might not be there.

but you can always make more and thats what oyu gotta do.
>>
>>18236837

some do but its pretty rare.
>>
>>18236849
That makes sense I suppose.

How do you guys deal with loneliness? How does one live without friends?
I've only had a couple friends as of late. I wasn't bothered by it much. However now the lack of friends is starting to get to me.
>>
>>18236885

instead of trying to retreat further in and insist there must be a way, why not just go make friends? a little bit of suffering can lead to a lifetime of happiness, whereas the suffering you're trying to handle alone will just lead to a lifetime more of that loneliness.

don't get me wrong, im pro independence, I've had to spend long stretches of time on my own, but even in those times I had the casual acquaintance to perk me up, the occasional fling, or just an online friend to chat with while i worked on my personally fulfilling hobbies.
>>
>>18236892
Well I've been missing my ex and all the friends I had back then. I have one friend now but that might not last much longer. I also don't get opportunities to meet people and I'm not that much of a people person.
There's a part of me that just wants to work on things and not be bogged down by this.
>>
>>18236793
The reason you ask this question is your answer.
>>
>>18236837
I'd say I am one of these people and I don't necessary need friends but having someone to socialize (even if it's some faggot on the IM software of your choice) is still great from time to time and helps gaining a new perspective on things.
>>
>>18236930

>im not much of a people person

stop making fake problems for your self. in what world is

>LEARN TO LIVE IN COMPLETE ISOLATION

harder than

>just go out and meet people

grow up, go outside, have a conversation. the world is open to your niche interests these days.

>theres a part of me that thinks i can just work for the rest of my life and somehow not miss people

you're wrong, but on top of that oyu dont even know what the fuck you'd do, so stop creating fake problems
>>
>>18236947
Yeah. I kinda use 4chan like that. Also to make sure my head doesn't go too far up my own ass
>>
>>18236793
I think the Buddhist path has varying guides on how to avoid the weakness of dependancy here.

But, I'm not one to directly advise on what that is 'cause I haven't investigated it further.
>>
>>18236793
You sound like a schizoid; the most rational of people.
>>
>>18237378
Nah I'm pretty normal. I've just been kinda lonely lately though. Which sucks cause I don't get lonely
>>
>>18236793

a friend is a self outside the self. if you cant see the value in that, live in a cave.
>>
>>18237790
Seems awfully lonely though. I mean if I just sit in a dark room that's kind of like a cave right?
Did you just read the egg?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.