[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

last couple months I've been having terrible heartburn which

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: gastroesophageal-reflux.jpg (75KB, 468x318px) Image search: [Google]
gastroesophageal-reflux.jpg
75KB, 468x318px
last couple months I've been having terrible heartburn which I first mistook as heart attack then I went to the ER one night when it got bad. they told me it's just "anxiety". but recently in the last month, I've been having that same heart pain every night and stomach pain and after some googling, i've come to the conclusion that its due to stomach acid from all the meat, pineapples and diet soda I drink.
went to the gastroenterology and he confirmed my suspicion. he wanted me to do some blood work and do a procedure where they put a camera inside me. I was fine with it but now a couple days before the procedure he says I need to pay $500(after they confirm my insurance would cover it before I agreed to it)

I was wondering if anybody on here has suffered from IBS/GERD or acid problems and was wondering how you got thru it? I know diet seems to be a big help and so far I've literally just been eating noodle soup and green beans.
just don't wanna spend my last $$ so the doctor can tell me lol change your diet.
>>
>>18235803
How fat are you?
Be honest.
>>
Go to the store and get some prilosec. Helped me immensely when I had acid reflux. Also, go on a diet and quit drinking soda. Do Kombucha for a week (tastes like straight vinegar unless you get the stronger/stranger flavors but it's worth it for the colon clensing). Watch what you eat and don't eat so many acidic foods. Digestive health is #1 for happiness in life. If your gut bacteria are out of balence it can cause other diseases and even psychological problems. Take care of your gut and it will take care of you. Practice saying "No, I'm not going to put my body through that" when you're about to eat junky shit. Good luck. It's going to take some discipline but you can do it!
>>
>>18235828
176 lbs 5'11
>>
>>18235803
> diet soda, pineapples and meat

All extremely acidic and soda being completely useless.

I quit sodas when I was 19, and now I'm 23.

Learn some self control and fix your diet.

Because, guess what, that's what the doctor WILL tell you. Unless you have another unknown condition we don't know about. We aren't doctors, you piece of shit.
>>
>>18235803
I'm surprised no one gave you any meds yet or asked for a stool sample. This is best treated with proton-pump inhibitors like pantoprazole, you can probably get those over-the-counter. Take them for a month or two and see how it goes. Adding H2-blockers would be the second line of treatment. A stool sample or gastroscopy should be used to see if your problems are caused by a H. pylori infection which is treated with antibiotics. Gastroscopy is also there to see if you have a peptic ulcer and to rule out cancer.

Avoid soda, coffee, cola, alcohol, smoking and whatever you notice bothers your stomach. And yes, anxiety can definitely be the cause here.

t. med student, for what it's worth
>>
You can probably get by easily if you just cut out soda.
>>
>>18235840
thx i'll get some
>>18235843
yeah been doing that for the past week. but still can only stomach the green beans and soup :(
>>18235854
friend gave me his omeprazole should i try that for a month and hold off on the gastroscopy?
>>
>>18235869
What's your issue with spending money?

You don't have it right now?
No insurance?

You piece of shit.
>>
>>18235876
yes im a poorfag :(
>>
>>18235884
Then you don't have much room to be eating shitty foods.

The poorer you are, the more you have to watch your health.

You will never know how disgusting it is to see a poor family buying only junk food in their cart.

I swear I've seen a family loading up just 12s and 12s of COCA COLA.

Makes me rage.

You piece of shit.
>>
>>18235888
This.
I live off $150 dollar a month, drink water, eat vegetables, protein powder with oatmeal and rice. I got no money for shit food.
>>
>>18235888
i really don't eat like shit like you think.
pea protein
eggs
pasta
brown rice
weekly diet soda
beans
frozen mixed veggies
on sale chicken
pineapple
>>
Yes, anons are right. Coca cola is very delicious but it's not a "drink" because it doesn't even hydrate you on top of being poison and neurotoxic. And that is the ONLY soda worth buying at all besides local cane sugar shit like that Jones stuff. And that's still basically on the same tier as buying crack.
>>
>>18235897
Have you been vomiting blood or been pooping blood?

You piece of shit.
>>
>>18235903
pooping blood yes!
luckily no vomoting.
>>
>>18235905
>>18235905
Dude, you need to go to the doctor immediately.
Not even joking, get yourself checked out because pooping blood is never a good sign.

Is the blood on the paper when you wipe or lined in your poop?
You piece of shit.
>>
>>18235913
both
but has stopped recently since i've stopped my food intake :(
and yes i'll guess just pay for the procedure. thanks anon
>>
>>18235914
Good luck you piece of shit.

With much luck, it won't be something too serious.
>>
>>18235914
http://symptoms.webmd.com/
>>
>>18235920
thanks m8. hopefully its not srs and treatable with some meds. definitely going to make my diet cleaner
>>18235924
already used that which in helped me making the decisions to see the Gastroenterologist . instead of just thinking its all anxiety like the ER said.
>>
>>18235936
Should call them and tell them that they missed an important symptom (the blood in stool).
>>
>>18235950
oh i told them and they just said to lay off certain food. Do the blood test and gastroscopy then come back in two weeks
>>
>>18235803
>going to the doctor
Retard, let God decide what happens.
>>
>>18236009
Dead
>>
>going to the doctor

Is this real? Is this really /adv/? am I still dreaming?
>>
>>18235957
Get ready. After camera in gut, which may be unnecessary, will be camera up sass.

Gastro should try meds before shoving camera down your throat. They ALL do that now, though.

Blood in stool is serious. Colonoscopy will be next. Believe it.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.