[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Age gap

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

I'm 22, the guy I like is 33. He likes me back and would like to date me.

Is it inherently weird? Can it ever work out in the long run?
>>
Nothing wrong with it. Go for it.
>>
File: 1492437120566.jpg (62KB, 500x439px) Image search: [Google]
1492437120566.jpg
62KB, 500x439px
No not at all. When I was 20 I went out with someone that was 31.
>>
>>18235239
>Is it inherently weird
This is more than normal, even expected some decades ago... Fuck this generation
>>
>>18235441
And how did it go?

>>18235247
Thanks.

>>18235445
11 years age gap isn't normal, or expected, at least where I live.
>>
>>18235453
Went well desu was nice to see how a mature women was.
>>
>>18235458
We met a year and half ago, so we really like each other and there's very little mystery about him. But I'm just anxious because I don't know what to expect if we actually date.
So, meh.
>>
>>18235464
Well dating and being in a relationship are two different things. Just try a few dates.. If you are still feeling unsure get some space between you and them and see how it goes. You never know you might go on a few dates and think nah not for me.
>>
>>18235472
We're not going out for the sake of it, we want to make it serious.
He said that he doesn't want to date if it's just going out for fun, and I am on the same page.

So, yeah. I do like him, but none of my friends is in any way supportive or has ever been and it is making me worry.
>>
>>18235239
A 22 year old guy dating a 12 year old would be weird.
A 62 year old guy with a 52 year old woman wouldn't even be noticed.

You're somewhere in between. There are more likely to be generation-gap problems between you (as when you don't get each other's cultural or historical references) than with the world outside.
>>
>>18235239
Being that I'm 34 and my girlfriend will most likely be significantly younger than me, you'll just need to how the people that matter in your life don't give a damn.
>>
>>18235547
We don't really have huge generation-gap problems - we're into the same stuff, share lots of hobbies and interests, and conversation is fluid.
I'm pretty relaxed about it.

>>18235588
But my parents would hate it, and my friends aren't supportive of it at all.
He's just one of the best guys I've ever met, I'm fucking crazy about him.

His parents hate him because he divorced so at least they won't hate him because of me.
>>
>>18235239
It works out for as long as it works out, same as any relationship. Age is irrelevant. All that matters is what you feel for each other.
>>
>>18235624
It's one thing for parents to object over some kind of behavior or lifestyle choice, but if he treats you like a gentleman then having gotten a divorce is not a legitimate reason and it's bad faith on their part to assume he isn't serious. If they don't eventually warm up to him, they're utterly insipid and you shouldn't give a shit about their opinion anyway.

As for your friends, what are the reasons they don't like him? If they're just shit talking him because he's old then see above.
>>
>>18235680
His ex wife is legitimately crazy.
She even blackmailed a woman who works with him because he drove her home when her car broke down, or fucking destroyed his car outside of the university. Stole all his money, got drunk and lost every cent betting on shit.
I can't really blame him for divorcing her, I don't understand why his parents do.

He has been amazing to me, honestly. He's very kind and never did anything that made me doubt his intentions. We've known each other for over a year and half, and beside some minor disagreements we had a wonderful friendship. I'm just scared of stepping things up, I don't know.

My friends dislike him because he's old and less attractive than me. They say "I can do better". Which might be true, but I honestly cannot even look at other guys since I've met him, as cheesy as it sounds.
>>
>>18235239
People in their 30s are extremely attractive physically, at least to me. I'm a 24y/o male with a serious interest in a 35 y/o woman. She appears young for her age and all that mumbo jumbo, but the deal is, I can't stand my own age group, especially when it comes to intimacy. If she wasn't married, I would've jumped her bones a long time ago. I don't feel the attraction fading, doubt I'm alone, and etc. Jump that dude's bones if you like older men. Fuck the police.
>>
>>18235239
33/2 = 16.5
16.5 + 8 = 24.5

Nope, you don't meet the criteria. You're fresh out of college and stupid as fuck, he's old enough to have middle school children.
>>
>>18235892
That rule is stupid. It was made by women, and the older you get, the bigger the age range gets.
>>
>>18235892
I thought it was divide by 2 and add 6. I think she seems a little young to date a 34 year old but she passes my 21 year old hard line rule.
>>
Why can't he date someone his own age?
>>
Nobody you date at 22 is going to work out in the long run. Have fun with it until it gets shitty and then leave.
>>
>>18236787
> the older you get, the bigger the age range gets.

Yeah. Duh. Because that's how it's supposed to work.
>>
>>18235239
Adult and adult
Who cares

Me pop is dating a 35 year old and he's 53
>>
>>18236890
My personal hard line at 32 is 25, the point at which the brain stops developing. Any younger and they don't know which way is up, essentially. Not enough experience in adulthood.

But, it isn't something I require other people to follow. It would be a black mark against bothering to associate with the older party though.
>>
>>18237169
because why would he if he has the option not to?
>>
In my opinion as long as the age difference isn't huge (like 30 years) it's not a problem unless you aren't over the age of 18. The only reason I say not a huge age gap is because you would outlive your partner by a lot.
>>
>>18235239
>Is it inherently weird?
No
Can it ever work out in the long run?
Depends on maturity level and values.
>>
>>18237188
It definitely can work out.
>>
File: C6HY6uVWgAAGFN0.jpg (30KB, 610x360px) Image search: [Google]
C6HY6uVWgAAGFN0.jpg
30KB, 610x360px
>>18235892
Fake rule, has no place here.
>>
>>18235239
>He likes me back
kek, you sure you aren't 14?
>>
33/2+7=23.5
Yeah, you're fine.
>>
>>18237838
Oh wait I read your ages wrong. Actually your love is forbidden and you should be both put to death by a stoning.
>>
My mum's 11 years younger than my dad. When she had me, she was 21 and he was 32. They've been happily married for 13 years (got married after having me and my brother)

Nothing inherently weird about it and it can work out fine.
>>
>>18238512
So they only got married cause of the children?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.