[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you join the army if you have self harm scars?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (340KB, 1532x1022px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
340KB, 1532x1022px
I've been told that suicide attempts and arrests can be waived. But what about self harm scars on both upper thighs? Would covering them with tattoos be sufficient? Asking for a friend.
LOL
>>
>>18234939

Suicide trumps self-harm
As with either of the others though it will usually have a duration during which you can't join depending on country.

(IIRC UK is something like 3 years since last serious problem)
>>
>>18234966
It pisses me off so much because I was a dumb fuck 18 yr old when I self harmed. And now it's going to follow me around for ever. I live In the U.S.
>>
>>18234974
Nah, if they're chill with suicide attempts I don't see why SH should be an issue.

Not gonna debate it being a stupid thing to do though, there are invisible ways to self harm if absolutely needed.

I can't see why they'd still be keeping you out by 21 even if it is a problem for now.
So long as they find you mentally sound at joining and you're open about it when it comes up i doubt it'd hold you back for long.
>>
What if I also had a suicide attempt? It was all 3 yrs ago. My ex was physically abusive and is on trial for it, so maybe they'll be lenient because of that? I'm talking to a recruiter soon and I personally know some people that are relatively high up in the military, and I tested in the 99th percentile. I kind of doubt they'll treat me like a special snowflake and let me in? Idk
>>
>>18235034
If they'll waive them at all yours sounds like the sort of case they would.
>>
Thank you :,)
>>
>>18235007
What are some invisible ways to sh?
>>
>>18235110
When I was depressed as fuck I started cutting my hands. I dont think anyone ever noticed it since the skin is already very rough. If anything people just assume you work really hard or go climbing.

But really, don't sh. Looking back doing sports or taking a walk would've helped me just as much.
>>
>>18234939
>i fell in gravel playing football
>misc other excuses
You're not a special snowflake, they'll just be like " do you have any mental issues or any perscriptions" just say no you fucking worthless degenerate
you wont join anyway, why even ask
>>
>>18235110
Trichotillomania provided it's a region nobody pays attention to.
>>
>>18235848
>>18234939

Don't listen to this cuck.

If you can, avoid giving out any information that they don't ask you for. Don't fuck yourself for no good reason.

They do routine background investigations after enlistment. God help your ass if you had/have to obtain a TS, too, because they almost 100% will find out you lied about something like this, as the investigations will be far more thorough.

Don't let tards on here attempt to tell you otherwise about that bit, trust me.
>>
>>18235877
>dont listen to this guy
>procedes to say the exact same thing + background check
>>
Ask doctor for something that removes/fades scars
>>
>>18235880
>Off yourself, you fucking faggot
>>
>>18235877
Yeah I'm not gonna fuck myself over by lying. I think the best thing to do is to try to find a tattoo artist to cover them. I'm hoping that they'll just look like stretch marks or something under the tattoo... Idek I'm female so I feel like they'll scrutinize my past mental health hardcore. "Lololol ur a crazy bitch buh bye" >:^/
>>
If you're not trying to get an MOS with a top secret security clearance I would lie. It saves you trouble & time and there are people that have been denied entry to service (and certain MOS's) because of prescription anti-depressants or "general deppresssion" (yes, it's real).

If it makes you feel any better there are many soldiers, seamen, and airmen that have lied on their physical examinations to get in. Going as far to lie about allergies or smoking marijuana. Look it up.
>>
I joined the navy and they screen you for self harm scars. If you have them you are declared mentally unfit for duty and then dropped. Sorry about that if you wanted to join but most likely you will be rejected.
>>
>>18237222
hey do you happen to know offhand what kind of qualifications could get me a waiver for an anxiety diagnosis?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.