[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Navy Basic Training Advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: i sad.jpg (152KB, 590x644px) Image search: [Google]
i sad.jpg
152KB, 590x644px
U.S. Navy Basic Training starts within 48 hours for me. I'm attempting to turn my life around after being a NEET for 2 years under my parents home. I'm not particularly fit and I tend to spaghetti a lot around people, but I'm kinda smart. I think.

Any tips? Not the normal stuff like memorizing information to spit out at the barking officers. Recruiters keep telling me I'm joining a big family, but I'm pretty that's total bullshit. Is it really every man for themselves? We have to work together to survive on these stupid boats.

Also, people are telling me Navy Basic is a cakewalk, while others are saying its more intense in different ways. Should I just go blind and hope for the best?
>>
I'm Army, but from what I understand Navy and Army are pretty close, especially big Navy and big Army.

Be able to pass your bullshit pt, it's not as difficult as Army and Army is shit, so don't be a fat disgusting fuck and you'll be fine.

Some bros are chill man but otherwise don't expect everybody to look out for you. Other enlisted and even officers will fuck you over. Most of my advice would be for when you get in the Navy. Like don't sign for anything that you don't know is actually there, don't sign for things you don't have to, etc. Don't seem too fucking smart. Do the bitch work, and people will like you and think you're a hard worker if you bust your ass on small shit, and nobody will call you for when real shit goes down. If you seem too smart you get too much responsibility.

I don't know man. Military is horrible. I want out so bad. People want to fuck you over anything.
>>
You ARE joining a family. But you have to acknowledge that, being a part of the military means giving up a lot of self-proclaimed autonomy. You have to listen to your superiors no matter how fucking stupid it seems.
It's generally the hardest part for people to get through.
>>
MY LOVE FOR YOU IS LIKE A TRUCK BERSERKERRRR
>>
>>18234777
Keep your head down

Never volunteer for ANYTHING

Do EVERYTHING you're told to do and nothing more
Any kind of responsibility or jobs given in boot camp don't mean shit when you're done.

>>18234828
I don't know what this guys means by fuck you over, unless he's talking about boot camp still.
>>
>>18235024
I'll only add you are going to get IT'ed at some point. Pray to god a FMF corpsman isn't your RTC like mine was.
>>
>>18235069
>RDC
>>
>>18234828

Gonna second this one; be able to pass the damned PT. That's important.
Otherwise guy has great advice. People will indeed fuck you over for dumb shit a lot, but I'm biased towards thinking Navy/AF are far more relaxed/accommodating than Army/Marines (Marines by far, holy, fuck that noise -- I'm not living in a room with three other dudes for one) so I won't say it's _that_ bad, nor horrible.

Good luck.
>>
>>18234777
Good luck. Don't trust people easily.
Some people are psycopaths.
>>
Find a couple dudes that are chill and have their shit together. If there's a working party involving quadcons ALWAYS TAKE IT

Don't trust everybody, don't think officers are your friend
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.