[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any way I can make the police/banks non-useless on this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Draw3.jpg (31KB, 741x542px) Image search: [Google]
Draw3.jpg
31KB, 741x542px
So I was stupid and I trusted someone. I sold them Bitcoin on localbitcoins, and they sent me stolen money via an email money transfer from a hacked bank account because bank's suck with security because rather than try to teach grandma how to use two factor authentication, they let you set up your online banking with a password like...fucking PASSWORD or something. AUGH! I even asked for ID and dude sent me a picture of him holding a passport.

*sigh*

Anyhow, bank is investigating and I'm locked out of Canada's email money transfer system indefinitely while investigation goes on. Sent police chat logs, pictures I was sent, gave them transfer transaction numbers etc etc. No response, but no email bounceback.

Bank tells me that their investigation will take up to 6 months. It was hell just getting them to unlock my account so I could pay bills...one of which bounced because it was set up for auto withdrawal the same day my account was locked. No notification of that by the way. No phone call or whatever. Nope. Just had to "discover" that little treat on my own.

So now, bank genuinely doesn't know if I'm a fraudster who was in on the stolen money thing, and the investigation for some reason will take forever. Police likely have resources to assign a detective to my case within the year or something. Not trying to get on their case, but they're basically useless.

From where I stand, the facts are all collected. I have pictures, chat logs, and localbitcoins had records that law enforcement can query. This should all be put together to paint a picture of what's happened somehow, but from what I can see, nothing's moving so I don't know if that effort is even taking place.

I'm not even primarily concerned with the $1,700 right now. I really just wanna be put back into a place where I'm not suspected of stealing something. That feels especially wrong considering I was stolen from.

What do I do?
>>
Have you contacted a lawyer?

Better call Saul
>>
>>18234488
Did u use any of the stolen wired money
>>
>title involves police and bank
>Bitcoin
Stopped reading there.
You better pack your shit, now.
>>
>>18234522
Nope. There's more than enough money in my account to cover the stolen funds, so the bank has just locked that amount up. Earlier though, they had everything locked up completely and it took me several hours on the phone getting bounced back n' forth to get to that point. It was infuriating.
>>
>>18234511

Didn't really consider it over just $1,700. I suppose I could but that doesn't seem worth it if there's any other way I can get the police/bank's wheels spinning faster.
>>
>>18234536
Unless you know someone or hire a lawyer that does i dont see a way the police can expedite their investigation. If you have access to ur accnt and are only locked out of email money transfers then whats the issue anyway
>>
>>18234536
>Didn't really consider it over just $1,700.
I'm pretty sure this has further implications beyond your $1,700. Like trying to get a bank to grant you a morgage. It would be in your best interest to not be labelled a fraudster
>>
>>18234488
dummydummydummy
should have just used an actual exchange.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.