[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Intimacy issues and depression

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0576.jpg (37KB, 400x316px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0576.jpg
37KB, 400x316px
How can people with intimacy issues and depression form relationships?

I can't even accept it when girls show interest in me. If a girl shows interest in me I go the opposite way. I can't imagine why any girl would want me. So I figure it's best if I don't even begin to waste their time. When people tell me a girl likes me, and I should make a move, it actually upsets me. The thought of that being realistic seems so fictional that I actually get internally upset when friends say "dude that girl is checking you out, go talk to her"
>>
>>18234218
I don't know what to say other than you're not alone. But you should use your friends telling you that to build some self-esteem. Just focus on that they think you're good enough for the girls.
>>
>>18234218
In the same boat. Have even been approached by girls at bars and I can't help but shrug them off. I think it's because i'm so frustrated with most girls my age that I don't even give them a chance anymore. Can you think of a reason why you would act the way you do towards women? Once you figure that out you may be able to reverse engineer some kind of solution.
>>
I feel same way. Sometimes it seems girls really fall for me, and I fall for them too, but something inside tells me it's not to be trusted or isn't real. I tell myself not to invest any time or effort or trust into anyone, especially women (thanks migtow :/ ), because I know how easy people can just throw you away like a bit of rubbish.
>>
>>18235178

I just feel very pressured

>>18235196

Yeah I know what you mean. A few months ago a girl gave me her number. We were texting and she asked if I wanted to go out. Initially I said yes, but a few hours later I thought about it and thought "what the hell am I doing..?". So I texted her some bs excuse and canceled
>>
File: 1485111612440.jpg (124KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1485111612440.jpg
124KB, 1024x1024px
Just imagine that you're going to die soon and the first thing you want before you die is a women in your arms. This will help build up some confidence because life is short and you look like a bitch right now
>>
>>18235267

>Just imagine that you're going to die soon and the first thing you want before you die is a women in your arms

I think you forgot I have depression, so that doesn't really give that any value desu
>>
>>18234218

You may call it what you want, but ultimately you're just a coward who can't function outside his comfort zone (of being lonely and miserable). There is no cure for being a coward and no one can give you ready answers. Either you decide to do something about it or you don't, there are no short cuts or magic tricks that can miraculously change you or your personality.
>>
>>18235273

Ok that's fine.

But I'm still curious tho, how can people with depression have relationships? I know people who have depression but have girlfriends/boyfriends. But I don't understand how. How can you be depressed and hate being alive, but have someone?
>>
>>18235273
this
>>
>>18235273
>having a mental illness makes you a coward
damn what kind of stupid ass shit have they been putting in your water
>>
You probably have tramua from a past relationship that you've either burried away out of embarrassment or something else. Come to grips with that first than try and go and form relationships. You have to take these things one foot at a time
>>
>>18235320

>trauma from past relationship

Well, it wasn't a relationship (I've never had one), and I also never had IRL sex with that girl either. But something did happen that fucked me up.

Im past it now. I don't think about that girl anymore.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.