[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Therapy advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (7KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 275x183px
I'm fucked up in the head, aren't we all here. When I was a teenager, I was suicidal. The suicidal tendencies were quickly replaced with this blank nothingness. I felt no pain, and I felt no happiness. My life was meaningless, I just went through the motions. I kept alive only for the sake of being alive and killing myself then just seemed like too much of a bother.
I lived like that for most of my adult life now. Lately, those creeping thoughts of "Yeah, maybe offing myself ain't such a bad idea" have started to return. I want to go talk to someone, but I have some problems with it.

1. What can I talk about or say to them without them throwing me in the mental slammer? Can I tell them about wanting to kill myself? Can I talk about my anorexia? Or is that a fast track ticket to a mental health hospital? Because for the job I want, I cannot have a smear on my mental health record. Whatever I do CANNOT come up on any medical document or record.

2. I'm an unemployed student. I have little money, what I was going to do was see my school free shrink. But, I'll be out of school for summer in like, 4 weeks. I cannot go through insurance because I cannot let my parents know I'm doing this.
I'll be getting a summer job, but thats gonna be slave wage anyway and I'll need every jew coin I get thrown at me to finish school. Are there any free/cheap options for students on break?

>TL;DR: When is a therapist obligated to throw your ass in a mental institution, what would you have to say to trigger that, and how can a poor fag like me afford therapy outside of the school semester?
>>
>>18233646
Is a hotline too cliche? You could call when those feelings start to creep on you.
>>
>>18233679
Mmm again, feel like the cops are gonna show up on my door if I call one of them.
Besides, I want to fix the problems, not just prolong them.
>>
>>18233754
I mean I think if people sent the cops when you called a suicide hotline then no one suicidal would call and they wouldn't still be a thing.

I thought this was just to help you until you can get back to the school counseling? Anyway I don't think you're going to 'fix' this problem through another party for free/basically nothing. If you can't afford it and you're paranoid about opening up to the wrong party, then my last word would basically be to start improving your life to reduce the potency of these feelings. Start slow, clean your room or something, and work your way up...

-Cardio/Lifting decimates most of my pity parties.
-Nature walks are head clearing. Bring lunch to a park and go get lost. Helps ground you.
-Absolutely try meditation. It's not new age garbage, it's not hippy bullshit. It will help you in the realm of consciousness.
-Pay attention to what your eating. Your gut influences your mental state.

Again just keep yourself going till you have access to that school shrink. That's your lighthouse right now as you navigate these uncertain waters.
>>
>>18233836
Yeah true, but I just wanted to be a little more proactive. I'm getting antsy. I want to be working on a solution now, and then constantly working on it.
Reason i was looking into therapy is because I've done all that easy self help crap and none of it did anything for me.

The exercize and eating bit doesnt help an anorexic. I physically do not have the strength for cardio because I only eat a fist full of baby carrots and water a day.
And I'm already obsessive over what I eat, so I know how the gut influences the mind. Thats kind of the whole thing of eating disorders, my gut influencing my mind is part of the problem.

Im well outside my own expertise at this point. Idk what the fuck to do now. Ive exhausted self help, i think its time for real help, but shit its just god awful timing but I really need to ride this motivation. Because im afraid by the time next semester rolls around I'm no longer gonna have the will to fix myself
>>
>>18233914
>>18233914
If you mentioned the anorexia and I just missed it, my bad I just thought this was just standard depression/thoughts of suicide.

All I can do at this point is hone in on the fact that you are depriving yourself of a period table's worth of vitamins and minerals and that is going to harm the functionality of your body systems, further making your brain react as if it's under severe stress.

I'm sure you know more about this then I do and I'm just some Joe Schmo BUT if you can tolerate it I have two things I'd like to say:

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/

That's a bmr calculator. It will give you an estimate of how much calories your body burns over a day with no physical activity. What I'm trying to say is if you take a look you'll understand that you can eat more and still have it burned off by the end of the day. Right now you're body is probably pumping cortisol through your body thinking you're in the desert or something. If you ate a salmon steak right now your body would be like SHIT BABY WE GOOD and ease up on the hormones. And you'd STILL be in a massive caloric deficit.

If that annoyed you but didn't stop you from reading than the last thing I have to say is if you arent gonna eat, at least take some supplements and stay hydrated. That's all I got and please do tell somebody if shit starts to get real.
>>
>>18233646
Therapists and counselors has strict confidentiality rules. You shouldn't be that afraid to tell me what's on your mind. They will not report you to the police or have a "pernament record" on your health report. So as long as you don't say stupid shit like terroristic threats or talk about shooting up a gay nightclub or slitting ppls throats or being inspired by ISIS.

I was weary Like You on these situations in about how to talk to my feelings to people. Cuz i dont want to effect my career on what i say.

Turns out I feel confortable talking to my therapist but it was after six or seven sessions that I really got into the deep stuff.

It is currently three-plus years after that therapy and I have seen no negative effects arising from the conversations. I was a fucked up shell shocked son of a bitch. Life is better now for me, hope one day it is for you too.
>>
>>18233646

I'll just tell you what a therapist will likely tell you.
Distract yourself. That's the main concept behind their treatment. They'll tell you to join a club or go do some stuff with friends or family.
Basically a shrink's gonna tell you that you need to get out of your own mind, because it's toxic. Stop thinking.

That's as far as I got into therapy before I called bullshit. I actually had 2 shrinks who both started off that same way.
$50 a session to tell me something any soon-to-be normie fresh outta preschool could tell me.
>>
>>18234011
Yeah, I know it's very unhealthy. I know I'm fucking up my body. Just the idea of being fat is a fate worse than death to me.

I take some vitamins, but they take up calories too. I drink plenty of water though. I tend to fill my stomach on water to keep hunger pangs away.

>>18234069
Alright, I know they have confidentiality stuff but I figured they were also mandated reporters so idk how far I can push their buttons before they have to take legal action or something.
This makes me feel a bit better.
>>18234098
I'm pretty skeptic about it all too. But I dunno, suppose I wanna say I've tried it. Because I'm out of options. I've done everything else and I'm really sick of living like this.
>>
>>18234011
Also I should add I know about that calculator thing, but instead of thinking "Oh I can eat MORE and still have it all gone by the end of the day" I tend to think "If I don't eat anything thats even more fat I'm burning off doing nothing at all."
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.