[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Settling down

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: -.jpg (8KB, 298x169px) Image search: [Google]
-.jpg
8KB, 298x169px
I'm in a stable relationship and I really want to start a family.

Thing is, I'm not 100%. I have trust issues. Came from a pretty fucked up family, scared of procreating with the wrong person.
What tips do you have? What type of signs should I look for to give me a good/bad signal?
>>
>>18233515
Just be yourself.
>>
>>18233517
Thanks
>>
Professional help to work through your issues, couples counselling to work through issues in the relationship.
>>
>>18233515
Find someone who you can be totally honest with and that you come to know fully before having kids. Someone you genuinely think of as your best friend, I know that sounds stupid but it's true. I'm married with a family and I think the biggest key is being with someone you get along with easily. You don't want to be with someone you argue with easily or someone who you have a lot of different core beliefs from. When you do find someone and you think things are starting to get serious, talk about what they want as far as a family goes, how many kids, where you'd want to raise them, how you both see marriage. You want to take marriage seriously if you want it to last, working though hard times and being able to depend on your partner is important. Make sure you can handle stress together before you tie the knot.
>>
>>18233762
This is very helpful, thank you.

I'm mainly worried bc he's sound but is easily prone to stress, very anti-authoritarian, no religious beliefs (I'm the same but spiritual).

There's a slight tension when I want to talk about future plans together, will pay close attention to this in the coming weeks.
>>
>>18233877
Yes it's defantly better to know what each of you want out of life early on in the relationship. Like you don't want to find out the other person only wants one kid, and you want like 4. Or that your partner wants to move to another country and you would never want to move away from your family. It's important to figure out most of the big things or at least get a feel for what your partner is thinking before bringing any kids into the picture. You don't have to have everything planed or figured out perfectly but making sure you agree on the big stuff will go a long way in a lasting marriage.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.