[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to talk to guys (when you're old af)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: eh.jpg (346KB, 3200x2400px) Image search: [Google]
eh.jpg
346KB, 3200x2400px
I am a 28yo femanon, I recently got out of a long term relationship. Now I would like to meet a new guy. But my dating game is rusty as heck.

A few days ago I went out to a concert with a friend. There were a few handsome men that made me nervous, but I didn't do anything. I was too shy and I felt silly.
What would I even say? Do men even like it when women make the first move or does it make me look desperate?

Even if I would talk to them, what about my friend? I can't just let her standing alone and talk to a guy, can I. How does this normally work?

I never dated much and I certainly never picked up someone in a club so I have no clue.
Idk... if you have some lines for me that sound alright to say, or some other hints, they are much appericated.
Keep in mind that I am old and not a brazen teenager anymore. I can't just ask for weed and hang my tatas is their faces anymore. I'm old, he needs to think I have my shit together, at least most of it. oh god.
>>
>>18232801
Oh shut the fuck up. You'll be fine, bitch.
>>
>>18232801
>But my dating game is rusty as heck.
LMAO, just fucking stand around any public place until some guy comes up to you and offers to start buying stuff
>>
>>18232801
>Do men even like it when women make the first move or does it make me look desperate?
I was always happy and found it cute as hell when a woman made a first move
>>
i strongly recommend dating someone from your social circle
>>
>>18232834
If you want to really put in some effort you could glance at a guy you like
>>
>>18232834
>>18232878
That would be sweet but I look very average... That does not happen to me often anymore. It think its also an age thing. Does glancing actually work?

>>18232860
The good ones are already taken and/or have babies on the way.

>>18232850
that's good to know. But how should I start a conversation? Most conversation starters sound lame. Like "are you here alone?" ..oh god.

>>18232815
Choke me daddi
>>
>>18232834
>>18232878
This stuff works if you're real attractive. Or if you have already established a pleasant dynamic with a colleague or friend of a friend. Women who are not considered hot cannot sit on their ass and not do anything.

OP, glancing is overdrawn but the most common way to handle it is to "invite" a man to ask you out by showing you find him attractive. (Make lots of eye contact, laugh and smile easily, show a real interest in hem, touch him whenever you have an excuse - obviously in appropriate places... the most subtle stuff you could still try is a few recurring, lingering looks with a smile.)
Men don't universally hate women making the first move or anything, but are often caught off guard (sometimes even distrustful, if they're young and quite insecure) and feel attached to the narrative of the guy winning over the girl. (Even if the winning over is only a technicality at that point.) Not to mention that most of the guys proclaiming stuff like "I'd LOVE for a woman to ask me out" mean "I'd LOVE for a [cute] woman to ask me out", not being put on the spot in public by someone they frankly don't find attractive. Not all of them, but many.

I would adjust according to how much you like the guy. If he makes a huge impression on you and does not show initiative, take the leap and ask yourself anyway.

Also, make sure you are impeccably groomed and dressed, invest in learning how to bring out your best assets. Get good at small talk if you aren't already.
>>
>>18233210
thats some solid advice. Thank you!
>>
>>18232801
Hey gurl, when a girl i liked asked me out to coffee first i was like hell yeah. I would have done anything for her but after a few dates and hangouts etc she didn't want to be my gf when i asked her what she wanted from me just friends or something more. I ditched her after. But as long as you're not too ott and just ask for obvious date then you should be good
>>
>>18233167
>But how should I start a conversation?
Hi my name is ..., what's yours? Where are you from ....?
Breaking the ice is the hardest part but after that it's easy
>>
>>18232801
You could try approaching someone and explaining exactly what you want.
Or do whatever. Youre an average looking woman, this isnt rocket science.
>>
>>18232801
I'm a 28. Male. Better than average looks ( good enough looking i notice getting some attention on occasion anyway), not at all uncomfortable around women, not a club kind of guy really (as in, I'll like going to a club to have fun, but not to pick up nameless people to have sex with), not much of a one night stand kind of guy unless it's something that comes about organic (we meet, we chat, we dig each other. We end up sharing a moment. As opposed to going out specifically to get laid)
, finding someone hot, and just hooking up). As a person I can come off pretty DGAF confident and almost aloof.

So pretty much the only way to get my attention is to actually talk to me.

Just say, hi, what's up. I'm <anonnete>, blah blah blah. Just like if you were a normal social person talking to another person

I'm not a hard guy to talk to and am a human being who does like being social (unless I'm distracted and have something on my mind, in which case you can be eyefucking me in to oblivion and even if I noticed it, I will not give a fuck and pretend I don't). if you make convo, I will reciprocate.

If I feel like we vibe and have decent conversation, then I'll feel it and be more interested in you.

If I don't, too bad, that's just how it is.

If you're too obvious and literally trying to throw yourself at me, I might pay attention and be slightly flattered on some level, but also I will probably not at all acknowledge it and will not be interested because it feels like you're walking in with other motives/are desperate/aren't really interested in getting to know me/are fishing for flirts, because I'm old enough to value other shit other than just falling for flattery.

If you can engage me enough that we share a moment where we're both genuinely excited or passionate about something, youve probably got me.

At that point, I'm probably going to become interested and actively start taking the lead, and if we have a good dynamic, keep pushing it further and further
>>
>>18233759
>continued

As for on a date. I'll probably be taking the lead here. Just talk. Be the interesting human being that you already are. If we connect, we connect. If we don't, we don't. It almost doesn't matter what you talk about, as long as it's something that you're genuinely passionate and knowledgeable about.

You don't have to pretend to know what I'm talking about either, just be curious enough about what I'm saying--because how I say it reveals who I am in a way me outright saying it never will--to be engaged and genuinely interested in paying attention. Don't try to play games or pretend be something you're not (if you're not interested in the particular subject, or I'm not interested in yours, that's fine. We move on and find another topic), if you do, it's going to get in the way of me being able to get to know and be interested in you.

All that being said, I'm a weird guy, and my interested run heavily conversation based.

There are a lot of guys that run heavily physical, and that's pretty much all that matters to them.

There are also a lot of guys that are just desperate, and anythings fine as long as it's interested in them.

Some guys also trail behind in their maturity and still think like they did when they were 18.

All in all.

28 ain't old as fuck.
Dating's actually a little bit easier at this age, because by now you should be starting to figure out: games and drama are pretty dumb and entirely too much effort.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.