[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Parents and Fiance/Getting Married

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: red-fox_679_600x450.jpg (72KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
red-fox_679_600x450.jpg
72KB, 600x450px
The deal is I am 23 and my partner 20.
Have been together for 8 months.
I have vowed to her that i will be with her for life and stand by her no matter what, i do truely love her and i havnt had a thought where theres doubt about us ever.
Her and i are a literally perfect match, we better each other, we care and love for each other, we do everything for each other and we have a countless number of things we do exactly the same.

The problem is her parents are standing in the way of our engagement because they think we are too young, havnt had enough life experience and dont know ourselves yet and because we (obviously due to age) dont have an aweful lot of money yet.

We don't let anything stop us from loving each other because love isn't materialistic, and we dont let materialistic things control our love.

What are your thoughts wise people?
>>
Dear lord, hold back the thought for a moment. My sister actually got her dumb self married at 25 with no career and her husband was jobless at the time... They are currently still paying off the loans in which they had to take for the marriage to work, their student loans, and now a house they bought recently.

You mentioned you were not financially sound, therefore, you are not in a position to speak for yourself. You need to understand that marriage is not just an agreement upon love, it is an economical pact as well that binds your financial position to hers and vice-versa.

Just wait. Be patient. Marriage is something that SHOULD be planned economically not emotionally.
>>
Obviously too young.

If you two do have such a strong connection with each other, engagement is not going to add anything. That's my POV.

8 months doesn't sound like much either. If you think about it, you haven't been through all 4 seasons with her by your side. It's only natural that you feel everyone is against your willing and is trying to ruin your life (been there).

But seriously, forget about the engagement thing and enjoy every day you get to be together.
>>
>>18232366
They're right.
You're too young, you've been together for too little.
If you truly love her and you're made to last, you can be together for a couple of years without getting married. It won't change anything.
>>
You're a fucking idiot and she's fresh out of highschool. You'll both be completely different people in 1 year, and you'll be unrecognizable to yourself in 5. If you haven't been with someone for years, lived with that person for years, then you have no right getting married to them.

Why the fuck would you want to rush in to the biggest decision of your life? What's your rationale for not waiting?
These are the only options for your rash decision, each dumbed then the last:
> A) you're SOOOO in love you can't wait
If you're that in love then marriage shouldn't matter because you'll prove your love everyday regardless
> B) you're afraid she'll find something better and leave you so you want to lock that shit down
Then this will never work long term.
> C) you're religious and can't fuck till you're married
The sex will be awful and you'll realize you hate each other
> D. financial reasons
Youre both young and poor so this makes zero God damn sense.

In summation: you're still widdle bitty children who don't know what you're personalities are, you're too poor for a decent wedding, you have no reason to rush into a wedding, and HOW DARE YOU make me type out such obvious points.
>>
>>18232366
You're still in the honeymoon phase.
The first 6-18 months of every relationship are awesome. Which is why you wait for a couple of years or more before getting married, unless you want to be sorry about it for the rest of your life.
>>
>>18232391
You need to understand that marriage is not just an agreement upon love, it is an economical pact

This. If you love each other, then be together. Get married when it makes sense economically and legally.

You could do a private ritual with witnesses now, and do a proper official sanctioned ritual later. If you consent to each other in marriage, you will be husband and wife before God, if not yet recognized as such by earthly law.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.