[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think I might be Borderline (BPD). Is there any hope for me?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1489329967022.png (92KB, 253x224px) Image search: [Google]
1489329967022.png
92KB, 253x224px
I think I might be Borderline (BPD). Is there any hope for me?
>>
I have some of the symptoms and my plan is to do iboga eventually.
>>
Yes! Unlike people with Narcissistic Personality Disorder, BPD can get better. There is a PhD with BPD named Marsha Lineman and she's created a therapy especially for people with BPD. It also works for other people, but it's especially for people who have trouble controlling their impulses and emotions. I'd recommend it highly.
>>
>>18231954

Go to a doctor and ask them what they think is the problem. Stop diagnosing yourself. You are not a medical professional and the lines between BPD and just being a cunt are ridiculously blurred.

Don't give yourself an excuse to be a terrible person for the rest of your life.
>>
>>18231954
Aww, that's such a cute doggie!

I have no advice for you, just wanted to say that
>>
>>18232012
BPD people can, indeed, act terrible. But they aren't terrible. They have an excess of empathy. The true cunts of the world are Narcissists. Frequently, a person who diagnoses as Borderline (and I agree this diagnostic term is a loose one) are children of Narcissists. Narcissists will essentially torture a child with empathy.
>>
>>18232012
What if all cunts are undiagnosed BPDs?
>>
>>18232023

Then we have officially created another excuse for negative behaviour.

I'm not saying BPD doesn't exist. I do however, believe it is hugely over diagnosed. A doctor or psychiatrist will happily tell you that BPD is given when a person does not show severe enough symptoms for a genuine mental health issue, but their behaviour is negative enough to disrupt their life in a negative way.
>>
>>18231954

short hair dachshunds are superior
>>
test
>>
>>18231980

I don't think that would help me

>>18232010
I'll google them and talk to my therapist about it, thanks.

>>18232012
I've been to a doctor and they said that I have anxiety and depression but I've also been told that most of the people with BPD diagnosis don't get told they actually have BPD because it just makes it worse.

>>18232013
It's a good dog I agree

>>18232021
I do some of the classic borderline things. I disassociate, am 24/7 anxious, I get extremely paranoid, I've self harmed, I've driven recklessly, I've attempted suicide, have done a shit ton of substance abuse, and have a horrible self image. I can rationalize in my head that the universe is grey but I often have "all or nothing" behavior/thoughts. Sometimes I'm bitter and resentful.

But I've never told someone "I'm going to self harm/suicide because of you", I don't (feel like I) act like a giant cunt to people, etc.
>>
>>18231954
Get off webmd and go to a doctor.

Mental illness is blurry. In every case it could be an actual psychological problem with the physical and chemical structures.

But it could also be personal problems.

BPD for example, you could just be extremely insecure.
>>
>>18232076
>i dont say 'i cut because of you'
Thats a white flag there. Not a "oh you dont have it then" but a clue.

People with bpd tend to be extremely possessive and controlling of others. Youd be throwing that shit in peoples faces to try and indebt them to you.

As i already posted.. Talk to a medical professional about this.

Because it sounds a lot like you just have a shitty outlook and philosophy.

Also cutting and self harm is extremely common. People just dont really talk about it. Its not a sign of any particular illness.

I had a short aelf harm phase in high school when i was under a lot of stress. I hid it and never talked about it so it wasnt an attention thing.

Then it went away and never happened again. Humans just do weird shit sometimes. You know if you have hypothermia indoors theres a real world chance youll crawl into a pantry or under a bed or any kind of very tight space?
It activates a burrowing instinct.

Were very odd animals. Its easy to forget while everyones acting all perfect and posting how transcendently amazing their lives are on facebook.
>>
>>18232076
I hope you get help. I have BPD and I've been in this new therapy created by Lineman for a while now, and it's really helping. She did a study trying to figure out why BPD have such trouble responding to traditional "talk" therapy. So this kind is very analytical and philosophical.

I hope you get better! I understand the pain you're going through. And I understand how BPD can push people away from them in the most obnoxious way. I can't tell you how many people I've pushed away from my life, people who meant well and didn't do anything to me.

But we can get better! Remember, your extreme empathy is a gift.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.