[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Insomnia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

What damage does sleeplessness do? I've had max 2-3 hours sleep a night for a year and I think it's affecting my psyche. Memory is shit, I don't understand people's reactions and I get angry all the time. Am I going crazy?
>>
>>18231424
Get yourself some melatonin and fucking go to sleep you idiot. Of course you'll damage your body and mind doing that shit regularly.
>>
>>18231424
Im about 4 years into pretty bad insomnia. Not to scare you but theres a VERY small pool of people i would wish this on. Its damn near destroyed my life. Im angry for the whole day the minute something bad happens. My brain works at about half capacity now. My teeth grinding habit is putting holes in my teeth. Ive gained weight and have big nasty eyebags. OP get that shit fixed asap. If theres a possibility its a mental issue do what you have to do.
>>
>>18231424
Shit 2-3? I'm about at 5-6 and it's hell.
>>
It's not like you're going to make yourself retarded or anything, but still you should quit doing that shit. There is a such thing as a sleep debt. It builds up over time and you could take a longer time to recover but eventually you will be back to normal. Just start sleeping more.
>>
>>18231946
>It's not like you're going to make yourself retarded or anything
Yes it literally will. Your brain consolidates most of its memories during sleep. If you don't sleep you have an extremely hard time learning
>>
File: I'mRealYou'reNot..jpg (23KB, 640x430px) Image search: [Google]
I'mRealYou'reNot..jpg
23KB, 640x430px
>>
>>18231424
Your attitude, memory and health issues are due to the lack of good sleep that you're not getting.

Cut down on the stimulants like coffee/tea that you consume after about 1pm.

No tv, tablet or phone usage for a few hours when you're set to go to bed. The blue light emitted is no good. You can also get the special glasses off amazon that block it out

Get out and exercise more even if it's just walking
>>
>>18232284
>>18231434
Fucking idiots
>>
>>18232580
My doctor adviced me both. I have done same and it helps.

There is nothing stupid about this.
>>
>>18232777
your doctor is a con artist and I'd seek professional advice before you get scammed harder
>>
>>18232788
Sorry she is a Dr. Med. and my psychiatrist, and you a random person from a weeb internet site.
Beside that i live in switzerland where my insurance pays everything. I am not cured yet, but i cant imagine to shitpost here without her help.
>>
>>18231424

My sister who suffers from chronic insomnia got told by a doctor that it could shorten her life span by 20 years. Home remedies won't work if it's an actual chronic problem, but a doctor can assign you meds that will work. The bad news is that the side effects from meds that are strong enough to knock out an insomiac are strong enough to fuck up your memory anyway and make you drowsy and confused all day long, so pick your poison. Still, sleeping is sort of important. Talk to a medical professional.
>>
>>18233065
>Shitty off doctor and a kook give you no other solution but to run more and you still end up back here shitposting on 4chan

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool feels good not being a swiss taxpayer
>>
OP just google "Effects of sleep deprivation" Find a link from a reputable medical website. Read it.

The list is a mile long. Even one of those issues is so bad they should warrant doing whatever you can to fix this.

>>18233099
What these people are suggesting is suggested as medical advice from my own american doctor and from many medical websites i'm viewing atm.

OP. I had sleep issues so I can give you some feedback. I went from waking up about 4-5 times a night on less than 5 hours to sleeping without a problem for 8 hours.

1. Introduce exercise. 30 min of moderate cardio is enough. With this alone it became MUCH easier to fall asleep. Don't do it a few hours close to bed though. That keeps you up.

2. The advice about getting away from the computer screens is especially true. You want to get off of everything one to two hours before bed. This makes an enormous difference.

3. Set an alarm to wake up at the same time every day and try to get in bed around the same time every single night. If you're not doing this then that's making a huge difference.

4. Minimize light in your room when you sleep to zero. Curtains over window, hall light and electronic lights off, etc. Even a small light source can have a major impact on your quality of sleep

5. I was introduced to a breathing technique that works really well to make you tired. Do this in bed. Breath in for 4 seconds through your nose. Hold for 7 seconds. Breath out of your mouth hard enough to make a whooshing sound
for 8 seconds. Repeat until tired.

6. Stay away from caffeine. Stay away from alcohol because that gives you poor quality sleep

7. If all else fails see a professional about this. Get a sleep study done. See a doctor.

8. Beware of sleep supplements. Every time I tried sleeping without them the next night it was significantly harder. Take the minimum amount of them if you need to.
>>
>>18231424
A lot of damage. A fucking lot.

Get to a doctor and get that back on track.

>>18231434
Jury is out on whether or not melanin works, and it 100% does not work orally.

If you want to try this you need sublingual.
>>
>>18233202
>melanin

Melatonin. Jesus sorry.
>>
>>18231424
>I've had max 2-3 hours sleep a night for a year
Bullshit, you would already be dead
>>
>>18231424
OP I've been suffering from insomnia since my early teens, not as bad as you tho. Temazepam and some strong indica is all I can suggest based on my experience, these people telling you to use home remedies don't understand, I myself have tried with no results. All I can say I go to a doctor and get some medication.
>>
File: melatonin.png (49KB, 600x387px) Image search: [Google]
melatonin.png
49KB, 600x387px
>>18233202
>100% does not work orally

complete horseshit and multiple countries have approved the oral route for melatonin as a prescription drug. quit regurgitating blogspots who tell you you *NEEEEEED* this special type of pill to get chemicals in your bloodstream. They're scammers who are peddling you their wares.
>>
>>18233229
I learned this shit like 8 years ago. I swear i remember getting it from a good source ie actual peer review.

Made me back check there. I stand corrected.
>>
>>18233229
>>18233252

Oh and quora is a shitty source. So even though youre right knock that shit off.
and i also found actual sources saying transdermal works well for melatonin as well and in some scenarios is more effective.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2909186/
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.