[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Finding new hobbies/things to do

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1471123644019.gif (1MB, 260x195px) Image search: [Google]
1471123644019.gif
1MB, 260x195px
tl;dr How do I make more friends in interesting situations?

I'm fairly talkative, personable, charismatic, etc. Not super outgoing but at least average or slightly above average.

Despite this, I only have a couple of friends, and I don't see them that often. This is because I almost never go out and do anything.

I want to start doing more things that aren't vidya/programming/reading, in particular I want to do things that involve me meeting other people. I'm theoretically open to anything, but I'm really picky, and I hate spending money on an event or a meal, something that disappears after some time.

I also feel interested in doing very quiet, calm things; for instance, I'd like to learn gardening/bonsai cultivation, painting, or playing an instrument. Although I want to do these things, I don't think I'll meet anyone doing them. Even if I could theoretically, they're the sort of thing I'd want to practice alone, since I don't like doing things like that in front of others unless I'm already good.

Does any of this make sense? Thanks for reading.
>>
You could pick up some kind of card game or something? Chess?
>>
>>18231395
I am highly passionate about TCGs but I imagine this isn't exactly what you had in mind. I'd also rather expose myself to normies rather than spending more time with neckbeards; I can do that by just continuing to lurk on /tg/
>>
>>18231403
It's more just nerds and nice middle aged people. I was just trying to think of slightly introverted hobbies that are still semi social.
You can always join a book club. Also, maybe something physical like hiking? Or you could do a martial art, some of them (Tai Chi, Aikido, karate) have quiet components like kata.
>>
>>18231411
I was thinking of doing Tai Chi but I feel like it's all old people. I've thought about hiking but it feels like something you do with your friends, rather than something you meet with randoms to do. I've also considered rock climbing but I'm scared of heights and don't like harnesses.
>>
Travel? You can meet people couch surfing
>>
>>18231416
Martial arts are really fun. I'm really not sporty and I love them, but they're very individual and aren't generally about aggression (if you stay away from boxing, Taekwondo, Jiu Jitsu, Judu etc.) and are really calming. Loads of different people do them too.
>>
>>18231423
Yeah calming would be good, but the point of what I want to do is to meet people, so it being individual is not good. I have plenty of individual things I want to do, but I want to meet people.

>>18231421
I've traveled the world with my parents and have very little desire to move. Plus I'm about to graduate university and want to start building a career/earning money.
>>
Dance classes
Painting/drawing classes
Cooking classes
Learn a new language
>>
>>18231437
I mean it's individual in that you're not relied upon by others like a team sport, so you're free to go at your own pace. However there'll be lots of people at any given dojo.
>>
>>18231446
That appeals to me I guess, although it's still a matter of spending money on it. I guess I'm cheap since I don't have a full-time job.

>>18231444
I'd like to learn to dance ballroom but I kinda wanted to save it until I'm in a long term relationship.
Painting/drawing is something I want to do but I feel like I'd rather do it on my own. I guess going to a class would force me to do it instead of just saying I want to do it.
Cooking classes I also would like although I feel like I can learn just as much by researching recipes online in my own time.
I'm impatient with languages. I often pick up the basics really fast but get frustrated with vocab and always get up. I've tried to learn Italian, Japanese and French and they all go the same.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.