[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Long distance sucks. How to get past the next 4 months?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

I've met with this great girl from my home town on Tinder. She'll be coming to my campus this fall.
We connect so well in person, over text is okay, but skype is a nightmare

Over skype she has nothing to talk about. But she wants to skype every few weeks or so, which isn't a huge request on her part, but she relies on me to guide the whole conversation, and most of the time she's just saying "Uh huh/cool/whatever generic response you can think of that doesn't really add or contribute to the conversation"

I've talked with her about this, and she says skype is just "weird" for her and when I ask her to explain she says she doesn't know how. I come up with plenty of things to pick her brain, try to get her to engage in any meaningful conversation, but she just doesn't really engage in them. She's not bored, because when there's a silence for longer than like 10 seconds she says something that doesn't really contribute or start a conversation, like monologue-esque sentences. Eventually we end up in a good conversation, but fuck sometimes it takes up to like two hours to get to that point (Our skype calls are usually like 5 hours long)

We both acknowledge this is a problem, but how do we fix it?
>>
Has nothing to do with Skyping or FaceTiming, but you guys can pick a new show to watch on Hulu or Netflix and watch the same episode over the phone with the multitask feature. This doesn't work if the show is boring, so make sure you guys decide on a very good show that's been rated high.
>>
>>18231393
I dont want to just watch something with her though. I want to pick her brain, hear her thoughts, etc.
>>
>>18232427
Dude, chill, that stuff comes naturally. Start by watching stuff together. Use rabbit instead of Skype and watch something good. You can't force conversation
>>
>>18232448
I'm not the one trying to force conversation though. She doesn't exactly seem bothered by silence, but if there is silence she will ask me after like 20 seconds "What do you wanna talk about?"
>>
>>18232448
Rabbit works gr9 for this. I do it with my friend crush, and we watch anime together. Hearing each other's reactions is the best.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.