[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where do you plug in to keep up with the times?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

I find myself always falling behind with current trends, events, pop-culture, music, fashion, movements and the like. I find that I am:

>always late or uninvited to events or happenings that don't exist

I've learned this from watching a Coachella livestream. An EDM artist came on stage and everyone I knew knows about them yet this was the first time I've ever heard about them. I look them up and they are all over the net.

So anons which outlets keep you in-check? How do you stay "current?" I feel, even in my 20's that I'm more along the lines of age 66. It may be because I may not have a lot of friends my age or not connecting with anyone similar to me. How does one stay on top of what goes on? I don't feel like a part of a pleb or mainstream river current and it's bugging me.
>>
bumping for interest, i'm also ignorant
>>
>>18231174

That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age.
>>
File: takeshi.jpg (16KB, 231x261px) Image search: [Google]
takeshi.jpg
16KB, 231x261px
>>18231219
Seriously feel this way without the being a loser and hitting on kids thing.

I've lost contact of peers and I find I just don't much care for what's popular aside from certain things. But I feel "disconnected" from the world at large. A sort of claustrophobic existence. Maybe it's where I live? It's boring here and the bigger cities seem to be more lively with livelier people my age?
>>
OP i would urge you not to worry about that stuff as its all bullshit, just do what you know deep down is relevant to you, most people aren't gonna care if you're not into that stuff and if they are they're retarded and are not worth your time. Are you sure you really want to expend your energy following and making yourself care about some hip trend thats just going to be replaced by another trend within a short period of time?
>>
>>18231275
It kinda worries me y'know? Like any person would feel ostracized from society with social isolation if he/she does not necessarily fit in the narrative. I've felt this all my life.

Any tips bros? Other perspectives? Much appreciate replies
>>
>>18231174
Every Sunday buy a good big city Sunday newspaper - the sort with lots of sections. Spend a couple of hours reading it from cover to cover, including (no, especially) the sections that don't interest you.

You'll pick up on what's in the air in everything from fashion through sports through business through arts - the stuff others will be chatting about during the week
>>
>>18231293
Watch the news or follow some kind of blog that talks about trendy stuff, if it worries you that much
>>
>>18231174
Social media.
>>
>>18231293
>implying you're ostracized from shit

Are you being shoved into a quarantined leper colony? Do random people on the street make to avoid you on sight? Does the barista back away and try to avoid hand contact when she gives you change?

If not, you're not "ostracized" from fuck all. You're out of the loop so you feel out of touch. The solution is to get into the loop. You don't need social media or the news to do this. You need dedication and willingness to insert yourself into social situations and ask people what the current hangings are. People are happy to fill you in if you don't know, and they may even invite you if they like you. If they introduce you to new topics you don't understand? That's great, you learn and interact. If they introduce you to new hobbies? Even better, that's how you make friends.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.