[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am a lone "troll" in an SJW college town

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: unnamed.png (28KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
28KB, 300x300px
I am a student from Snow College, in Ephraim Utah, a small armpit of a town that really only exists because of the college it's built around. I started using the anonymous app, Yik Yak at the beginning of the year, and was immediately branded as a "troll" for my conservative-minded views. I have been alienated to such an extent that I actually DO troll the app now, but recently, people there have found out my true identity, and have been posting it publicly. I have had the police called on me twice, and people are attempting to get me in academic trouble with the school.

I believe in free speech, and standing up for what I believe in, so I will not fold. But I also fear for my academic progress. What should I do?
>>
>>18231128
Well, that's pretty fucked up that they're calling the police on you. It's really wasting the officer's time and resources.

Regardless, I suggest simply stop trolling on the app if you want this kind of thing to subside. It will probably take a little bit for it to die down, but it's the only real solution you have.

Arguing someone out of their beliefs is simply impossible, especially when mob-mentality takes over and they're all backing each other up. Regardless of if they're conservative or liberal.
>>
How'd they find out who you are if it is anonymous?
>>
>>18231136
I was wondering the same thing, although it's possible that OP was either blabbing about it and someone overheard, or he accidentally said something too revealing about his identity on YikYak.
>>
Screw the law if they won't help. Free speech is free bro, keep at it, God will hold you accountable if you're a butt but hey if you speak truth in love, everything changes for the better
>>
It's probably a lot of trouble, but the simplest solution I think would be to skip town and see if you can transfer to someplace else.
>>
Pomona College student here. Freshman from abroad, there are a fuckton of sjws here but there are also some open minded people. Trolling them (which basically means disagreeing with their orthodox beliefs) is fun, but they are violent sometimes so I have started to keep my distance. They're fun to watch though. Recently they attacked tonnes of their own people for being white feminists which was hilarious.
>>
>>18231128
Can you give us some examples of what you posted? I mean actual quotes of the "trolling."

I'm not accusing you of anything, but sometimes trolling can mean making fun of people, and sometimes it means being threatening or hateful, i.e. stuff that you really SHOULD get in trouble for. Unfortunately a lot of people aren't great at telling the difference. I'm not saying there aren't plenty of people who would try to get you in trouble for simply holding contrary opinions, but, well, this is 4chan, after all.
>>
>>18231194
>I mean actual quotes of the "trolling."
Does it really fucking matter? As long as he wasn't threatening anyone he should be in the clear. Not to mention the college standard is garbage. Even if he was spamming nigger trying to dox him is a retarded move.

I was called a racist when I commented on how many of the Italian neighborhoods started to depopulate and the LGBT community moved in when when we were talking about SF. Fucking christ man I hate the people you have to interact with due to mandatory humanities.
>>
>>18231214
>Does it really fucking matter?
Yes, of course it matters. He didn't post ... whatever he posted ... on his own private blog, he posted it on an app that has a clear TOS, which racial slurs and "bullying" violate. Further, his college has a student code of conduct which he also could have been violating.

Obviously calling the police on him is ridiculous (provided he's not threatening anybody or doing anything otherwise illegal) but this might not be a "free speech" issue so much as an "actions have consequences" issue.

Or not. It depends, again, on what he actually posted.
>>
>>18231128

I did that my Freshmen year a lot.

I was a depressed college kid in a secluded party school.

Anyways how TF did they find your identity?

I'd transfer if possible. Colleges are hostile places
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.