[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/pol/ is ruining a friend's life.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: anime.jpg (12KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
anime.jpg
12KB, 225x225px
How do I save my friend from /pol/? He used to be a little bit introverted but happy, had a girlfriend, was fit, got along well with everyone. Now he's a total recluse, broke up with his gf over some autistic political argument, has become obese, and gets into fights with people/tries to make everything about politics. All this after he started browsing /pol/ regularly. I literally cannot have a conversation with him about anything without it being pro-Trump or anti-SJW/women in any way.
>>
>>18230811
Get a new friend because that's idiot is a lost cause.
>>
>>18230811
I'd avoid him really. I don't want to be near anyone going off about jews and the like
>>
>>18230811
You've lost him anon.
>>
>>18230860
>>18230876
>>18230879

There's no way to like...rehabilitate him or reverse the brainwashing?
>>
OP from the surface level research I've done the person you are describing is "nu-/pol/" and not actually /pol/. This is someone worthy enough to be redpilled but ironically not worthy enough to endure it. Find yourself a post-pessimism phase redpilled af boyfriend.
>>
>>18230811
lol

just lol
>>
>>18230811
Took too much redpill.

He's gone now.

Once you start seeing how bad the liberal disease has spread you lose your mind.
>>
Speaking as someone who used to binge Pol. Stop speaking to him hell be very avert to counter dialog.
>>
>>18230811
I don't mean to pull no true scotsman stuff, but he doesn't sound like he's following actual /pol/ ideas, just being a rude dude who discovered "politics", and is just regurgitating and imitating things to feel like a part of something
typical internet stuff honestly, but in this case about a particularly annoying subject
If he can't be made to realize he's trying too hard, and you are completely sure this is because of /pol/ and not similar but unrelated internet groups (I don't think they need to be named here), then remind him of some widely held core tenets of /pol/, including
>physical and mental fitness, part of general readiness
>truth is sought, not force-fed
>hide your damn power level ya dork
Important: Make sure you don't paint yourself as an "opponent"

subjectively, if he wants to be a recluse now, that's his choice, but based on what you said I'm guessing he's more about the pop-politics stuff that plagues /pol/ these days instead of the true horror of truth, so don't give up on him or let him give up on himself just because he lost perspective by being caught up in sensationalism
>>
File: 6ee.jpg (52KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
6ee.jpg
52KB, 600x600px
>>18230811
Its the Jews fault. They should all be gassed for the kikes that they are.
>>
>>18230882
Not likely. Any attempts that you outwardly make will likely be met with recalcitrance as it too contrary to their beliefs. People in acute states like this are because of the fruits of their own pursuits and likewise will only be changed by that same action. You can still try to point out errors and general inanity which *may* point them down the road of change to something better; however, it is ultimately what they do and what discourse they choose to surround themselves with which leads to the formulation of their beliefs.
I presume you already have tried to challenge their beliefs and what-not and you can continue to do so if you think you can get through to them. Yet, if they seem too far gone despite their efforts - call them the fag which they have become and gtfo.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.