[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I go to college for culinary arts? I like the idea of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: ramsey.jpg (24KB, 279x350px) Image search: [Google]
ramsey.jpg
24KB, 279x350px
Should I go to college for culinary arts? I like the idea of practicing a craft that I can show off to people and being able to have a tangible product.
I'm also a pretty lazy fuck when it comes to math and complicated problems. But I'm a pretty smart lad and I want a career.
I have no real cooking experience, can I still do it? Is it worth the effort?
I am only considering now because I got an offer to go to college and do whatever I want for free (I'm 20)
>>
if its what you want to do yea do it man go for it
>>
>>18230694

most people imagine being a chef as this artsy fun casual gig where you get lots of money for cooking.

but you dont get to eat or enjoy the food nad instead have to be on your feet all day, and working as fast as you can and balancing several different meals at once, and dealing iwth the heat and sweat of being in a hot kitchen, and because its a restaurant you are ALWAYS working a horrible night shift and dont have a sense of normalcy.

it doesn't sound very pleasing to me. if you love ot cook, cook, take a class, but making it a career doesn't sound like it'd be fun.
>>
>>18230733
Wasn't too interested in eating a bunch of food or anything. A lot of physical jobs I've worked had pretty shitty conditions and I didn't imagine a kitchen would be worse.
Do you possibly have a suggestion that would be a more 'fun' career? I'm not set on cooking 100% since I have no experience thus far.
>>
>>18230694
the thing is, you can go to collage a secondary time, so i would recommend going to a safer program, if you know what i mean. you can always take culinary later on, as you don't want to be left out in the open if that career fails for you.
>>
>>18230694
Working in a kitchen is grueling, intense, and pretty shitty. .. unless you have a deep love for cooking.

Like the chefs who work in these kitchens, you have to find what you have passion for. Otherwise you will always be left feeling empty.

To do this, think about your ultimate goal, then see what educational goal you would need to reach in order to get there.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.