[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to get over looking old?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: oh lorde.jpg (474KB, 1548x1024px) Image search: [Google]
oh lorde.jpg
474KB, 1548x1024px
So, I look almost exactly like Lorde, just a bit chubbier, with slightly more defined cheekbones, darker skin, lighter hair, and almond-shaped hazel eyes.

And people tend to say Lorde looks like an old hag. I read into that, thinking that I myself must look irrevocably unattractive although no one has really called me ugly.

I think Lorde looks alright. Not like a doll. Distinctive--she looks like no one but herself. That's cool.
People think conventional attractiveness is everything. And, well, that's ridiculous to me...but, hey, since it's more about me we're talking about, it does get to me. I don't even have the "pop artiste" card to play. I'm a regular 18 year old with almost no make-up. Oh, and people always refer to me as "Ma'am" instead of "Miss" except for one butler dude I meant that seemed kinda into me. :(

This isn't a "critique/compliment" me thread. I'm asking:
how the fuck do you get over the fact that, in a society that emphasizes neotany as being the only way to be beauty, you just have a mature look despite being young? Just feel bad? Get the fuck over it? Or is it probably because of my extra 25 pounds (which otherwise are very well distributed) fucking up my face?
>>
People who are slightly chubby (keyword is slightly) tend to look younger than people who are skinny, since the fat fills out their face a bit more. If people are saying you look old, it's probably more an issue with your skin than anything, especially if you're only 18. What's your skincare routine?

Also fuck those people who are making you feel bad about yourself.
>>
>>18229807
Post pic.

That way somebody can maybe point out how to improve your looks.
Post your hygiene / skin care routine.
Post your life style. Chugging alcohol, not sleeping, drugs and no sleep can do more harm than any teen is comfortable to admit.
What do you eat is alao important.
Do you do sport?

Otherwisem you just have to accept the way you are. Otherwise you have sone sort of mental ilness like trans people and you will be never happy in your life.
>>
lorde is hot lol the fuck
>>
>>18229824
>>18229824
Lemme note that plumpness usually makes older people look younger. As for younger people, it's usually the opposite. Especially when the weight accompanies an unhealthy adolescence.

Or am I wrong? It worries me a bit. Always thought the extra weight (which I've recently lost a lot of) was my biggest enemy to being an okay-looking girl. I've been fat since I was a toddler and only now am climbing out of that trench. :/
>>
>>18229807
I have a minor deformity. I'd say appreciate what you have and try not to obsess.
>>
>>18229889
They mightve only said you look like lorde because you were fat

Just stay in shape and eat well and drink a lot of water
>>
File: 1490703232045.png (324KB, 500x490px) Image search: [Google]
1490703232045.png
324KB, 500x490px
>>18229807
Damn just noticed I typed "beauty" instead of "beautiful." I swear I'm not phoneposting.
>>
>>18229889
>Or am I wrong?
I think so. People talk about looking older when you lose your puppy fat. Plus I've seen several people lose weight and look older as a result.

>Especially when the weight accompanies an unhealthy adolescence.
An unhealthy lifestyle can make you look older, but I don't think it would really affect the weight thing much. Junk food affects your body in more ways that weight.

> Always thought the extra weight (which I've recently lost a lot of) was my biggest enemy to being an okay-looking girl.
How much do you weigh? How tall are you? What's your body shape? Honestly, a few extra pounds is not going to detract that much from your attractiveness to the average guy (you should note that guys here are not average, though)
>>
>>18229901
Well, two years or so ago at around 190 pounds I was volunteering at an orphanage and a boy was guessing me and my 17 year old friend's age. It was an overcast day. Bad lighting and all.
He said my friend looked 21, while I look 9000 years old. I...well, it's stupid but to this day it still haunts me.

Now I'm 163 pounds. 5"6.

A dude I knew since before my 25 pound weight loss said that I look "younger, fresher, somehow." He asked if I got highlights or something. I didn't, but I HAVE been using lemon hairspray occasionally for a few weeks so it's impossible to tell if it was that or my weight loss. Either ways, he basically confirmed that I look/ed pretty bad+old normally, but - being a nice guy - he wouldn't have pointed it out.
>>
>>18229901
And my body shape is kind of difficult to figure out. Could be hourglass more than anything else. Thick almost everywhere, but not really in one particular spot.

My roommate says I'm "slim thick." Whatever that means.
>>
>>18229842
No posting pic. I know better than to do that on 4chan, sorry.

No alcohol or drugs ever. Lots of sleep, but I've consistently went to sleep post-2AM for the past year. No sports.

Skincare: kind of bad. I'm still confused about what to do...
Black soap cleanser.
Rose hazel toner.
Cerave PM moisturizer,
The Ordinary Retinol at night.
I have some weird acne. Rarely break-out, but the 1-3 bumps that do appear stay around for weeks and leave marks.
>>
File: 2017-04-05-16-06-30-817.jpg (242KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
2017-04-05-16-06-30-817.jpg
242KB, 1200x1600px
>>18229947
Oh yeah, for reference my body's like this. Not very good - I'm still a fat ass - but I hope you get an idea of where I'm at in my weight loss.
>>
>>18230075
>>18229947
>>18229938
Eh, you're not too bad. Probably not an hourglass, but you're not disgustingly obese.
>>
Lorde is cute
CUTE!
>>
>>18229807
Bask yourself in the fact that you'll likely age gracefully while baby-faced people will end up looking like gremlins as they age
>>
>>18229807
Sure you meant neoteny, and is a word associated with juvenile animals.

I really wish people would use better functioning words to convey their thoughts.

Anyway. This seems to be your perception or oponion. I don't like juvenile features on my women. If you even look close to 18 or younger, you can fuck off in my book.
I personally think women are at their finest between ages 28-38.
>>
File: IMG_3280.jpg (63KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3280.jpg
63KB, 700x394px
lorde looks old because of her nasolabial folds and because she has resting bitch face/ uses harsh make up that doesn't help with making her look feminine and youthful. when she's smiling and not dressed up like a feminist she's pretty cute.
>>
File: IMG_3283.jpg (67KB, 640x432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3283.jpg
67KB, 640x432px
>>18231196
vs dark lipstick, harsh foundation/eye make up and strict hairstyle & dark clothes
>>
File: me.gif (1001KB, 440x300px) Image search: [Google]
me.gif
1001KB, 440x300px
>>18231196
You summed it up pretty well.
My nasolabial folds aren't as bad (...actually they're mainly only on one side, what the fuck, can't tell if it's because of my chubby cheeks or not) . My face has this general tired look--a resting bitch face?--that I share with Lorde.

What you say makes me remember some interesting things...

>after talking about this "thicc" girl at our school that dates literal major league players, roommate says that all I have to do is dress "right"
>someone told me, when I smiled, that I looked so beautiful like a model
>"huh, what, really?" I spew out
>they shut up immediately and shyly look away, which may mean my resting face is otherwise disappointingly ugly
Not sure how I should register this...
>>
>>18229807

This is the curse of women hood

Women are spoiled with attention and advantages at youth but are unwanted when older
>>
>>18230075
>>18231196
>>18229807
I would totally date a girl that looked like Lorde
>>
>>18231242
>someone told me, when I smiled, that I looked so beautiful like a model
>"huh, what, really?" I spew out
>they shut up immediately and shyly look away, which may mean my resting face is otherwise disappointingly ugly

That person was probably into you, you sperg.
>>
File: 1491877046432.gif (960KB, 284x223px) Image search: [Google]
1491877046432.gif
960KB, 284x223px
>>18231401
Of course I'd normally think that, but she's a girl and I'm about 99% certain she isn't a lesbian--she's only ever gone out with guys.
>>
>>18231459
Oh nevermind then. If it was a female doing it she was probably perpetuating some tzeentch-esque scheme like women usually do when they give compliments. Carry on.
>>
Try to be beautiful instead of pretty.
>>
>>18231489
How do I even pull that off?
>>
>>18231258
That's true for many but not all. Not me, for sure. I'm actually old, in my late 40's. And I get tons of attention from guys of all ages. It's not a death sentence. Don't GET FAT, girls! Seriously. Take care of your body.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.