[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

emotionless alpha

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: ??.jpg (16KB, 505x431px) Image search: [Google]
??.jpg
16KB, 505x431px
Hi

I'm dating this guy who is great when everything is going well for us except for when it comes to emotions. He hates any 'negative' emotion. When I'm upset he tells me I'm making it up, I should snap out of it, and that I am a miserable person for also getting him down.

What kind of behaviour is this? Am I expecting too much from a man? Are all men like this? Will men ever be comfortable when a woman is not feeling happy around them? Should I learn how to act happy in front of him? I'm worried I'm overthinking this and also maybe that none of it matters.

What experiences do you have with emotions in your relationship? Am I overreacting? I tend to withdraw when I feel attacked, as a protective method. Is this expectation wrong?
>>
Sounds like he's in his early 20s
>>
>emotionless alpha
That's what the kids these days call "fuckboys"
>>
>>18229582
Well first, understand that emotions are a part of the human condition. Positive or negative.

Second, your partner shouldn't make you feel bad for feeling something. It's not like you're faking an emotion to get a rise out of him.

Lastly, as a male, I could say that he's most likely uncomfortable with "negative" emotions in his own life. Like I said earlier, your partner should help you resolve not guilt trip.
>>
>>18229610
He believes the only time one is able to be emotional is when they are in 'real'/physical pain. I find this an issue. By nature, I am sometimes extremely emotional.
>>
>>18229591
I can understand how that might be perceived.
>>
>>18229610
Thanks anon.
How much 'negative' emotion can you tolerate, as a male?
>>
>>18229582
he sounds like a fucking simp
I'd dump
>>
>>18229582
How often do you complain, whine, and make judgemental or condescending statements? Being a partner with someone whos always whining and megative can be exhausting. Eventually they become a horrible backroumd noise killing every moment of joy in every day. To the point you freak out and dont want to hear one more thing. But if youre only getting mad once in awhile from a situation that is actually upsetting than most likely it could be him with the issue.
>>
>>18229658
A healthy dose. Nobody likes a whiner, but if it's rooted in a legitimacy and could be resolved, I'm all ears
>>
>>18229869
Sounds fair to me.

>>18229739
I can be whiny sometimes, I don't make condescending statements. I wish feelings were validated more in general, not just passed off as a 'woman' problem.

>>18229732
He is lovely when he isn't ditching negative emotions. Also, when I genuinely needed his support he has offered it to me. I have considered dumping but decided against it.
>>
>>18229582
>When I'm upset he tells me I'm making it up, I should snap out of it, and that I am a miserable person for also getting him down.
And you are dating this guy? Jesus, get some fucking self respect and standards.

>What kind of behaviour is this?
A pretty pathetic and autistic one unless he is still a kid.

> Am I expecting too much from a man? Are all men like this? Should I learn how to act happy in front of him?
Triple no.

>Will men ever be comfortable when a woman is not feeling happy around them?
Any somewhat normal man is.

>I'm worried I'm overthinking this and also maybe that none of it matters.
You're not. If your partner can't address your emotional needs it can be problematic already. If he blames you for being a fucking human, you're wasting your time with that person.

> I tend to withdraw when I feel attacked, as a protective method.
It's pretty human but not very productive. As long it doesn't take you too long to snap out of it, it's not a biggie though.

>What experiences do you have with emotions in your relationship?
Never had any issues with it. Though I rarely feel any strong emotions myself and the "moderately strong ones" rarely last longer than couple minutes. Obviously I don't expect my partner to be a weirdo like me, and 3/5 of the girls I dated were pretty emotional, but that's just how people are, and everybody deals differently with it, with time it was pretty easy to figure the best way to adjust to each of them.

>>18229739
Pretty important questions tbqh.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.