[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what are some essentials to living on your own. material wise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Fracs.jpg (201KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
Fracs.jpg
201KB, 900x600px
what are some essentials to living on your own. material wise

i mean things like toilet paper, silver ware and dishes. i'm moving out this summer and i need to complete my list
>>
what's your lifestyle like? do you cook? can you do laundry? what you need depends on what you do
>>
>>18228588
very minimalist. yes i can cook and do laundry. i really dont need things like a TV or whatever

i mostly just work, work out, and hang out on the computer
>>
>>18228656
kitchen:
-frying pan
-large pot
-wooden spoon and/or spatula
-cutting board
-sharp knife
-set/4 knife, spoon, fork (less if you don't have people over)
-spices
-cooking oil (at least olive and canola)
-strainer
-dish towels

cleaning:
-paper towels, toilet paper
-sponges
-dish soap, hand soap
-bathroom cleaner spray
-toilet brush
-mop and/or broom, maybe swiffer
-canned air (to clean computer)
>>
life is just a fractal
>>
>>18228722
lol
>>
>>18228704
Honestly if you wanted you could pare this down even more (you don't really *need* a strainer, and you can clean perfectly well without a mop, broom, or cleaner spray - it's just a pain in the ass).

But unless you want to go full minimalist, this is a pretty good list.

Don't forget to buy TRASH BAGS, OP. Don't be that guy who just throws his shit in the can and then empties it into a bag later. Also, have at least one box of tissues.
>>
soap, shampoo, towel, shaving razors, toilet paper, a couple blankets, a broom.
>>
>>18229143
Just get a bidet. It'll pay for itself in a few months.
>>
>>18228656
Is laundry in home or do you have to take it somewhere, whether it be a laundromat or just down the hall to the apartment laundry room or something.

If in home, just your usual laundry stuff. Soap, some sort of basket to hold it in, dryer sheets.

If you're going somewhere with it, I highly recommend getting a rolling hamper of sorts. Made my life hella easy in college when I had to take all my laundry down 9 flights of stairs to the laundry room on the ground floor.

>Is your place fully furnished?
If not, the obviously the minimum you'll want is a mattress and probably a table of some sorts to do work at/eat at. If you don't have a closet, or a shit closet, a wardrobe or chest of drawers would help.
Also, if your place is not furnished, this almost always fucking means without blinds/curtains for some ungodly reason. At least where I'm from. Check about that, save yourself from thumb tacking sheets to your walls like I did for like, 5 months because I kept forgetting to go get some.
>>
Honestly, a lot of this shit you won't really know if you need or not until you get there. Trust me, it's worse to have too much shit than have to go make a shopping trip. Ask my roommate, who decided to take literally everything from her room in her parents house into her new room in our house, that was half the size of her old room. It's really better to just take the bare necessities and figure out what you need/have space for after getting that in.
Everything you'll need for your first week I guarantee you is all the no brainer things you immediately thought about and put on your list.
>>
Any advice for someone who is going to be living alone, non-material wise?
>>
Learn to budget, cook and clean.
Have an emergency fund.
House parties are a great idea until you actually throw one.
>>
>>18229608
Meant for >>18229600
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.