[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dont want someone.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: lack-of-intimacy.jpg (38KB, 804x350px) Image search: [Google]
lack-of-intimacy.jpg
38KB, 804x350px
I don't have a desire for a girlfriend/.boyfriend. The sex, cuddles and intimate moments aren't something that i care for, i don't hate them but its just not something that's worth putting any effort into.

I like having people to lean on, so friends are good and im willing to put some effort into them, mainly just hanging out and giving advice as im known for being good at that.

The only reason at all that i feel compelled to get into a relationship is the social stigma around not having one, society doesn't accept people that don't want one.

Is this something i should talk to someone about? ive only ever told a few close friends and my parents (im 18), they just brush it off and say that i will find someone. Im not unhappy with the way i am, i just want to know if i have some kind of mental/emotional disorder and if i should bother seeking treatment as it may be subconsciously impacting other areas of my life ?

If you need any more details, feel free to ask.
>>
>>18228115
bump
>>
this is all perfectly fine and honestly makes you a thousand times more mature than half of the virigins crying for help with the opposite sex on this board
just be yourself, you're fine, be happy
>>
>>18228392
Thanks man. Yea i guess. Ive just had a few weird looks / reactions when i tell people.

I have a lot of social issues, like im very bad with small talk and i just kinda wondered if they could be related. Also the stigma of being a virgin where i live is ridiculous.
>>
>>18228416
You could improve on your social skills but honestly if you're happy that doesn't really matter much.
>>
>>18228438
I try. I go out and practice fairly often. Its just small talk and reactions.

I look around online every now and then, people just say practice, but i feel like ive hit a limit.

I think it has to do with my interests being very niche, i tend to play mainly indie games and listen to underground music. So trying to relate to people and talk about things like main steam games and music is hard because i don't really like it, forced myself to listen to it now and then and its not that bad but it seems super censored and cut, not raw emotion.

Im pretty happy just keeping to myself, sitting alone with a good game, movie or singing along to songs is great. Sometimes i do things like drinking with friends but i tend to do it for practice and to maintain those friendships rather than me enjoying being in social company.

I need the social skills for interviews and stuff. when i firs started going for jobs i got so many interviews but no one hired, despite me knowing a lot about the company and having questions and shit ready. So yea, im happy but i know they are helpful so im going to practice them.

Any tips apart from practice ?
>>
It's possible that you haven't met the right person yet. In which case, it probably is for the better that you don't lead others on when you know you won't be entirely in it just because you feel this is the right thing to do socially.

I'm the same way, though. Part of it is I'm usually content and never want much. Given all the potential heartbreak that is ubiquitous in all media, it doesn't seem worth it when I'm already content with my life.

Then again I also can't tell if I'm experiencing extreme apathy from years of untreated depression or some shit and am deluding myself into believing I'm content.
>>
>>18228115
>I don't have a desire for a girlfriend/.boyfriend. The sex, cuddles and intimate moments aren't something that i care for, i don't hate them but its just not something that's worth putting any effort into.
Based on this alone, you're more interesting than 90% of people who post on this website, So congratulations, I guess.
>The only reason at all that i feel compelled to get into a relationship is the social stigma around not having one
I think you already know the solution to this is to not give a fuck and live your life, because the chances of you actually getting a satisfying relationship plummet once it becomes obvious in your presentation of yourself that you are trying to get one. This includes having so much as an active account on any given online dating site. Those are for whores and future divorced people.

You're not mentally ill, just fortunate to not be indoctrinated into this meat market "everyone is special" culture.
>>
>>18228115
Whoa the way you feel sounds A LOT like me. Except in my case I also want to be with a particular someone only to make sure that she doesn't end up with someone else, because I'm jealous like that.
>>
>>18228466
>I think it has to do with my interests being very niche, i tend to play mainly indie games and listen to underground music.
That's a good start, you should meet people this way.
>So trying to relate to people and talk about things like main steam games and music is hard because i don't really like it
There are enough people pretending to like it just to make friends with people who are either also pretending or have genuine shitty taste. Don't sell yourself out, it's very possible you'll continue to feel alone even in a crowded room.
>I need the social skills for interviews and stuff.
That, I can't help you with. But since you can only prepare yourself for who your interviewers will be so much, focus on the things you can control, like your wardrobe, hygiene, grammar, and try to embellish - reasonably - whatever skills you have. Then focus on talking to yourself in a mirror about how motivated you are to be a good wagie. The job market is so insanely competitive these days it's reached dystopian levels and we're not even living in Japan, so don't get down on yourself if you don't get the call, just keep trying your best.
>>
What music do you like op?
>>
>>18228115

no anon, you are fine. its a myth that we need to be serial dating. you aren't better than all the people in relationships. but you certainly arent worse. you are just an independent person who has found more to do in life than date. and that it self is good. some people, people you are definitely better than, dont understand how to be happy without someone else. and as a result, thery arent ever actually happy, they are just too distracted.

its when you are alone that you realize what your life actually is. these are the people that have nothing to do when alone but watch TV, and even doing that for too long scares them. they need someone else there so they can forget that they have nothing.

you don't. even if you don't invest your time in hobbies, you are happy on your own, you are happy iwth your self, and thats a lot better than other people.

it is annoying that others may insist we date. i havent seen my best friend in over a month because he started going to school full time, and in his spare time he just defaults to hanging with his girlfriend. so now i tell him i miss hanging out with him and hes like 'LOL BEING SINGLE NOT ALL ITS CRACKED UP TO BE?'

re: date someone because you miss your friend.

pretty stupid. my mother literally said the same thing, i should just date someone cuz ive been a little bored for a few weeks. not even like sad or depressed, just a little bored.

fortunately its always easy just to invest in friends, even if some areb usy, there's always more out there, some you havent even met yet.

and even when all those people are too busy, the worst i ever feel is just a little bored if i spent all day writing a script or editing a video and just run out of things to do in the evening.

its annoying people telling us we need to date, which would ultimately mkae someone like me legitimately miserable, but if all ew have to do is brush off people telling us this, its not that bad a life.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.