[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just don't know

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2336.jpg (35KB, 350x348px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2336.jpg
35KB, 350x348px
So /adv/ I need some help.

>be me highschooler (currently)
>have no close friends
>don't get invited to do anything socially
>spend weekends doing absolutely nothing
>no gf
>pretty ugly
>parent took all of my gaming stuff because I played too much
>parents pressuring me to get straight A's and become a doctor
>Always try to make others happy but I'm never happy myself
>people take advantage of my kindness
>always told I'm too skinny and I need to gain weight
>college is too expensive nowadays
>Lowkey hating life RN

I just want to know if any of you anons out there are in the same situation or have gone through this.
I honestly just don't know what to do with my life any more. I don't want to kill myself either. I just feel hopeless and miserable. Can someone please tell me if things will get better. I feel alone
>>
Wow, you literally sounded like me my senior year.

It took time, patience, and gradual change to build up happiness and confidence. I actually decided to college in your shoes and regret it greatly, but at the same time, I learned a lot. I learned what was wrong with me as well as my strengths. That's something you need to find out yourself. If you find yourself lacking in strengths then build it. From there, time works itself.
>>
>>18227675
How close are you to graduating? If this is your last year in school, just try to stick it out.

WHATEVER happens next - college, job, whatever - will change your life completely. You'll be in a new environment with new structures and new opportunities. It is one of the very few times in life that you can really start all over. You can choose, if you wish, to be more social or a more dedicated student to whatever. No one will know you and whatever identity or reputation you've developed and you won't be trapped in a role or pigeeonhole you've been stuck in at school.

Just hang in there, and plan how you'll change things.
>>
>>18227718
I'm a sophomore
>>
>>18227675
People say it's temporary, and right now that's not what you want to hear because you probably don't believe it. It really is temporary though, there's so much social pressure in high school, but honestly it's all bull shit and I mean it. I was like you, and then I made myself out to be who I wasn't just to get that social aspect of high school like going to parties and shit, it's so not worth it, it's overrated and honestly a burden. You're probably really introverted so stay in your comfort zone, once you graduate it all means nothing, it's just a cloud of smoke. I went to college right after school and it's too expensive, I even got straight As but I'm realizing now college is a huge rip off. Make friends through the internet, they're better than real life friends. Focus on a trade skill and work your way up the ladder and just develop skills to get better paying jobs. It's not all about college and grades and degrees, there's so much more to life. And looks are so subjective, you're not as ugly as you think probably. And you're uglier to yourself than what someone else may think.
>>
Look I'm in year 12 (equivalent to Senior I think?) and am in the same boat. I have no friends and no bf, I just sit in the school library reading all the time to escape the bullies who pick on me, and my parents want me to be a lawyer (which I don't want).

I spend my weekends doing very little (at least my family haven't taken away my gaming stuff), reading, watching movies etc.

At least uni is cheap where I am. I'm hoping it'll get better, but I don't know. You're not alone anon.
>>
>>18227742
You guys are amazing
>>
https://discord.gg/eBWVh I've made a discord if anyone wants to continue this convo once the thread 404s and I might sleep soon too
>>
>>18227749
At least it doesn't seem like you get picked on. The girls at my school are horrible-but then I'm Australian and it's a very anti intellectual culture.

They actually ripped up a book I was reading once, and threw it in my face because "you'll never find a guy if you read books all the time". Honestly I just want to leave the country at this point.
>>
>>18227757
Fuck those girls
>>
>>18227757
Dating is overrated anyway
>>
>>18227757
That's public school in most western countries.

It's fucking terrible and I dread going everyday.
>>
>>18227763
Amen.
>>18227765
Is it? I wouldn't know, all the guys are sporty (sport is huge in Australia) and wouldn't look twice at me, except maybe to insult or throw my stuff on the floor.
>>18227785
I actually went to a private girls school-the bullying was 10x worse so I asked to move, and no one actually cared about -learning-, just getting high marks. It might just be teenagers in general.
>>
>>18227799
It really is overrated. Read this article:
https://www.google.com/amp/thoughtcatalog.com/lawrence-cambiotti/2015/10/heres-the-truth-dating-is-completely-overrated/amp/
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.