[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to move out with no money?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1372410483508.png (252KB, 511x428px) Image search: [Google]
1372410483508.png
252KB, 511x428px
So I am starting grad school in the fall, and the plan was to live with my mom and stepdad. A little backstory here, they took higher paying jobs in a different state in order to try and pay off most of the house. They only come home every other weekend. Today, we have had a huge falling out and just on principal I don't want anything to do with them anymore.

The issue is, I can't find a job in this small fucking town. Nothing. I also don't have any friends that would be willing to be roommates (I'm 23 and most of them still live at home as well.) I have no idea what to do. My car is also in their name, so if I try to move out it's possible that they will not let me take it. I don't want to burden my real father by moving in with him. I feel completely stuck here with these terrible people with no way out. Maybe there is nothing that can help me in this situation, I don't know.
>>
>>18227555
>Is it possible to move out with no money?
Possible? Sure. Worth doing so if you don't have to? Absolutely not. And "muh principles" is not a good reason to move out.
>>
>>18227555
stop being a little bitch and suck it up, you're living under their roof follow their rules. act like an adult.

lower your standards and take a mcdonalds job or anything that is available. you not being able to find work is entirely your fault. any job is a job, you'll make more money than you are sitting on your ass crying.
>>
>On principal
Oh fuck off, Its not like they're cannibals or something. Deal with it or fuck up your life because you decided that your "principals" are more important than a roof over your head and transportation.
>>
>>18227555

the fact that you wont tell us what the falling out was over tells us that it was probably something petty and that you should suck it up.

you can move out iwth no money but it usually involves sucking a lot of dick. the fact that you just 'dont want to bother my real dad' shows us that you're tryingto be difficult and create problems for your self, probably trying to victimize your self.

even if you applied for student loans to cover living costs, youd need parents to co-sign them
>>
I moved out of my parents place "on principal" when I had no money, no job, no work experience. Very stupid idea. I learned a lot about independence and survival, though. For me, it was definitely a "out of the frying pan, into the fire" experience.

I lived with a friend's family for 6 months but totally overstayed my welcome and they lowkey despised me towards the end. Then I was homeless, couch surfing, sleeping in my car for a few weeks. I met a girl and she let me live with her another couple weeks but we broke up eventually.

It was an extremely stressful experience. Yes my parents were being horrible. Yes I was extremely depressed and going through serious medical problems and mental health issues. But if I could make the choice again, I wouldn't have left that way. I wouldn't have burned the bridge with my parents - they still barely speak to me 4 years later. Although it's unfair, if someone puts a roof over your head and feeds you, it is basically their prerogative to be a dick or borderline abusive.

Eventually, after begging my parents for weeks (pathetic, I know) they helped my brother and I with the downpayment on a very small apartment. But after being homeless, this shitty apartment seemed perfect.

My biggest mistake was not taking full advantage of their support to finish my education. I'm 25 and have about half of my bachelor's degree completed. Going to school full time is out of the question now that I have to pay rent, bills, and deal with all the other insane shit that comes with being an independent adult. Since moving out, I've gained great skills and managed to get some excellent work experience, but my lack of degree still holds me back significantly.

Overall, my life now is billions times better than how it was living with my parents. But I went through hell to get here, and it still isn't easy.

TL;DR think twice before jumping into the fire on principal.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.