[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tl;dr: think classmate was cheating, not sure if i should say

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: url.jpg (12KB, 358x141px) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
12KB, 358x141px
Tl;dr: think classmate was cheating, not sure if i should say something or not

so im a CS major, graduating in 3 weeks. at my school there are 3 notably extremely hard classes in our major. one of them is called "operating system concepts" and a lot of people struggle with it

anyway. our actual finals are this coming week, but this professor has a seperate "final" portion which takes place in our computer labs, and took place this past friday.

the actual class is split between a ~100 person lecture and a lab portion which can fill ~30 people MAX (only 30 computers) so there are multiple lab sections for this class with multiple TA's running them that rotate frequently depending on their own schedules.

so last friday we had this "final" in the lab, this final is worth 20% of our actual final - so its roughly 4% of our final grade.

i sat down in my usual spot, and a few seats away was someone i knew and i knew they werent in this class. i checked the roster on our blackboard afterwards to confirm. they completed the work and turned it in

I know this person wasnt in my class, my only explanation is that they were completing it for someone else. Should i say something about this? on one hand, i know the guy and hes cool. but i spent a lot of time preparing and i feel cheated that others get away with stuff like this.
>>
>>18227223
I wouldn't say anything. Maybe he cheated, so? He probably got a little money and the other guy isn't learning shit. It will not affect your GPA, career, well-being, happiness etc.
It might only get you into problems if he realizes you were the one who openes his mouth.
Just ignore it
>>
You should've reported this immediately while the evidence is still there. Regardless, karma will get back to the cheater eventually.
>>
Seems like an unnecessary fight. Don't bother reporting it
>>
>>18227223
>I know this person wasnt in my class,
how do you know he isn't in your class ? when never showed up to any of my lectures, only tests.

i work as an TA now and we don't let students without an ID take tests

>but i spent a lot of time preparing and i feel cheated that others get away with stuff like this.
why ? you learned something and it's not like anyone gives a shit about your grades, just your thesis, the degree + the university you got it from
>>
If there are different lab times, perhaps he just switched in your class so he could take it sooner. Maybe he had an appointment or another exam during his usual time and asked the TA to reschedule.

>i checked the roster on our blackboard afterwards to confirm. they completed the work and turned it in
So this student signed out their own name on the roster? If that's the case then I don't see how you came to the conclusion that he did the work for someone else.
>>
>>18227223
Who cares. We live in world where people cheat. So be it. Live and let live. They're knowingly taking a risk. Now, is it your personal moral obligation to report it? I'd say nah, but really it comes down to your values.

Some people might get really upset over someone else cheating. I see it this way, though -- they'll get caught eventually. All liars and cheaters do.

Besides, do you want to be the guy who tattled? No one really likes that, even if they 'respect' that you stood up against a cheat -- there is just something about whistle blowers that no one likes.
>>
>>18227223
Nah - it'll come back to bite his ass soon enough
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.