[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Addicted to games, need help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: angry-pepe.jpg (7KB, 236x236px) Image search: [Google]
angry-pepe.jpg
7KB, 236x236px
Self improving is constantly on my head and whenever I play CS:GO or Starcraft 2 I feel extremely guilty because it's time that I could be spending studying or learning something worthy.
Now that I am in college and I am independent, cooking, cleaning and doing house work takes a lot of time. The problem whenever playing videogames is that once I start playing them I usually don't stop until I go to bed. Playing one hour a day or one hour a week seems impossible to me. I have tried unistalling but I usually just install it again in 20 minutes thanks to high speed internet.
How exactly can I find the motivation to say no more and end games in my life, for one and for ever?
>>
>>18227018
Just put away your computer for a while and get a laptop that isn't capable of gaming.
>>
Get a job or start seriously studying a second language. Possibly do both. Very time consuming activities that leave you with no spare time to play games.

Having a hobby isnt a bad thing though as long as youre doing well at uni.
>>
>>18227051
cs student, can't do that
>>
>>18227058
full time cs student, need my computer constantly
>>
>>18227068
What do you need to do that can't be done with a low-modestly specced laptop?
>>
>>18227072
That's a good idea, I like it a lot
However I have several virtual machines installed that I need for some classes and I don't want them to be super slow
>>
>>18227082
Maybe you can just remove your GPU for the time being. VMs mostly just use the CPU, right? Shouldn't be a problem.
>>
>>18227084
Remove my laptop GPU? I am not sure how to do that and if it'd even work without it
>>
>The problem whenever playing videogames is that once I start playing them I usually don't stop until I go to bed.

Then don't start until an hour or two before you go to bed. Make a checklist of everything you have to do and put it by tour computer and then make sure you have done everything before you start playing games.
>>
man for the god sake, be honest with yourself

CS student, in which year u are?

i'm talking a Computational Physics course (TCS student) and that's the only course i needed a decent GPU for, and for the hardest courses in a typical CS degree it will be Compiler Theory course or Automata Theory, a baked potato will do the jop, and probably the biggest project you will do is making a fully fledged OS, and for all that -except CPh- a baked potato will seal the deal.
>>
>>18227118
I am in my first year and all I do is very very small projects in linux makefiles and sometimes use dev C++ on windows. I need both operating systems and I need them simultaneously, that's why I use the virtual machine. I assigned 4GB ram to my linux VM and it runs quite slowly. The thing is: I want a laptop that is not able to run games (extremely shitty grap. Card) and at the same time has a good processor and a good RAM memory so that whenever I use a virtual machine it doesn't take five years to open some programs. Where can I get such laptop? Do companies even sell that?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.