[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I made this thread on Friday morning >>18221342 tl;dr

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1492144707475.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1492144707475.gif
2MB, 320x240px
I made this thread on Friday morning
>>18221342

tl;dr
>failed class last semester
>need to hand in 8/10 labs to pass
>only completed 7
>finished the 8th and i didn't realize it was due earlier than usual
>too late to submit
>emailed my TA asking him to mark it
>he checks the metadata and says it's from last semester.
>won't mark it
>7/10 labs = fail for second time

The reason he said the template was from last semester was because the 'author' field in Word had a name there. I guess this time it doesn't. I sent him an email saying I took this class last semester and used the same template. Then I pointed him to another document on our course website which had the same author as proof I didn't copy it from other people.

He didn't respond to my email and still hasn't marked by lab.

What should I do now?
>>
Talk to the professor or dean. Though they're really in the right here, even if your TA is wrong about it being from last semester: you handed it in late. Why didn't you do the other two either?
>>
>>18226963

>do bare minimum
>fail
>do it again
>fail again
>expect special treatment because ???

This is your fault. You are in uni. You should have 10/10 labs, not 8/10, surely not 7/10. You absolutely shouldnt be having issues with handing them in on time either.

You fucked up, and failed to take responsibility, which has resulted in you fucking up again. Grow the fuck up. Accept that you just flunked the same class for the second time and its entirely 100% your fault. Stop making excuses and blaming others for your failure to be responsible.

The TA is a busy dude. He has a lot of shit to deal with, not limited to the class but to his own schooling as well - not to mention his work and personal life. Yet im sure hed gladly help if you showed initiative and actually put in the effort. Instead you literally do the bare minimum and display zero interest in the course. Of fucking course he will have zero interest in taking time to help you. You dont fucking deserve it. You are not a special snowflake. You have done nothing to earn that priviledge.

Sorry to burst your bubble bro but this is how the adult world works. You actually get held accountable for your actions, or in your case, your inactions.

Your best bet is to take this as a really hard fucking lesson and get serious. Or idk, dont. Its your life not mine.
>>
>>18226966
>>18226966
I want to email the professor but I'm not sure what to say. Do I just ask him to mark it without mentioning my conversation with the TA? If I do that he'll probably tell me to message the TA.

Do I tell him what the TA told me and why I think he's wrong? There's the chance that he sides with the TA.

>Though they're really in the right here, even if your TA is wrong about it being from last semester: you handed it in late
When I sent me first email, he responded by saying he would have accepted it but...blah blah blah. I don't think that's what his problem was.

>Why didn't you do the other two either?
The first one was too hard for me and the second one required a lot of work to change from last semester and at the time I didn't want to do it cause I was going to do this lab.
>>
>>18226998
Set up a meeting with the professor and talk to him in person. Sounds like the TA is the one who has the last word about this though, so you better pray that the professor can help.

>The first one was too hard for me and the second one required a lot of work to change from last semester and at the time I didn't want to do it cause I was going to do this lab.
Those are pathetic excuses. >>18226989 is 100% right, this is an entirely avoidable situation, right down from being more organised to actually doing the assigned work.
>>
>>18226998

>i didnt do all my labs
>i even handed this one in late
>i demand you bend the rules for me because if you dont my shit gets fucked up

No. This is a slap in the face to the professor. If anything it would only lead to him learning you failed last time for the same reason, and then figuring out you plagiarized all of your work - resulting not only in an F but you bring expelled entirely from uni.

YOU DIDNT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY. And now you are (SURPRISE!) facing the consequences for your actions!

Again this is known as being an adult. Get used to it. Learn from your fuckup and ace the class next time. Or just whine how lifes not fair and be a lazy nigger your whole life expecting the world to hand you everything on a silver platter because you are mommy and daddy's special little boy.

This entire situation was in your court. You could have easily avoided it. Instead you slacked off and copy/pasted work from last semester, meaning not only did you fail to learn the first time - you actually regressed even further into acting like a child. To ice the cake, SOMEHOW you still couldnt manage to complete 8/10 labs despite having 7+ of them already completed.

Grow the fuck up.
>>
Just took a look at the last thread too. Seems like the consensus is that you're a fuckwit and you don't deserve to pass.
>>
>>18226989
>>18227021

Just wanna add to this - yeah i know i sound harsh. But this is what you need to hear. People fuck up. Sometimes people fuck up multiple times even. And hey thats ok - as long as you learn from your mistakes. Nobody is perfect. Some people taking longer to learn some life lessons than others. Accept that you are still learning how to be an adult and that you need to improve - as long as you are true to yourself about this, youre ok by my book.

You really shouldnt be wasting money on uni if you are not prepared to take it seriously though. Its ok to take a break and figure your shit out and go back later when you are more mature and collected. I did. I slacked off and went to class stoned and did the bare minimum and my grades reflect that. I dropped from uni to work and 5 years later i learned that working sucks when its something you dont enjoy and you get paid shit. So now im back in school, retaking courses to get A's, paying with MY money rather than mom and dads. And guess what? Im fucking killing it. I actually want to be there. School is my priority in life above all else for me right now.

Now if i had just kept slogging away, unmotivated and not giving a shit, i would probably be where you are now. The only thing worse than dropping out of school is continuing to attend and to do shitty. You are literally wasting time and money because even if you do scrape by with a C grade, theres dozens of people who did better than you - and they will be getting job offers, not you.

Idk what to tell you. Do some serious soul searching. Idk how old yo are but it sounds like you need a real kick in the ass to get things on track and to me it seems this is it.

Good luck bro.
>>
>>18227048
>People fuck up. Sometimes people fuck up multiple times even.
This is what you say when you keep hitting the wrong switch for the lights, or put recyclables in the wrong container. Wasting a time and money because of laziness should never happen, let alone multiple times.
>>
>>18226989
>>18227005
>>18227021
>>18227022
Do you guys think I should throw in the towel and fail without doing anything more to fix this? It's something I considered but I didn't want to do because all of the labs combined are worth 10% in total which I could remedy with the final exam.

>>18227048
No I don't think anyone here was too harsh. I appreciate it.
>>
>>18227062

But it does. Humans can be fucking stupid. Ive been stupid in the past. That doesnt mean people cant learn from their mistakes.

Yeah, its obviously a much bigger fuckup than forgetting to take out the garbage. But just because OP was a stupid lazy cunt who fugged up bigly doesnt mean that he should just go crawl into some dark corner and die. He came for advice and he got it. Whether or not he chooses to follow it is his choice - and that in turn, in my eyes at least, will decide whether or not he is ready to start acting mature.
>>
>>18227078
>Do you guys think I should throw in the towel and fail without doing anything more to fix this?
I just fucking told you to email the professor. You were also told to do this in the last thread. I don't know what more you want us to say

>It's something I considered but I didn't want to do because all of the labs combined are worth 10% in total which I could remedy with the final exam.
What part of YOU NEED TO HAND IN 8 OUT OF 10 LABS to pass is so hard to understand? Are you an actual retard?
>>
>>18227078

Honestly i would just accept you fucked up and gear up for next time. I wouldnt bother the professor. He has a TA for these exact kinds of scenarios. Giving him some sob story when you didnt even do all the labs will only piss him off. Hes not dumb - people like you are a dime a dozen and hes dealt with this shit countless times. The LAST thing you want is to make him annoyed where he actually looks at your work and catches on that you committed plagiarism.

Man up and accept your failure. If anything you could beg your professor to allow you to withdraw from the course to get a W on your transcript rather than another F. Even then its so late in the semester that the chances of him allowing that are quite slim.

Again just learn from your mistakes. Fucking up once is pretty normal. Fucking up the same exact thing in the same exact manner is pretty stupid dude, no offense. But better late than never. Use this as motivation to start acting more like an adult - not just with thos class but in all facets of your life. It sounds like you are still learning how to be responsible. Just be honest with yourself and accept you are still immature - and thats ok - as long as you are serious and actively makig changes.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.