[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well, today is my 20th birthday and it has been spent mainly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: c02371zf.jpg (832KB, 2338x2338px) Image search: [Google]
c02371zf.jpg
832KB, 2338x2338px
Well, today is my 20th birthday and it has been spent mainly with my parents. My supposed 'best friend' has just shown less and less willingness to stay in touch with me after numerous attempts to make arrangements on my part. Now it seems that my only friends are those that I know online and people at work (which I enjoy a fair amount) but they're really just acquaintances.

It sounds silly, but where do I go from here...?
>>
Happy Birthday OP. Leave these people behind you and find a new friend/friends. Easier said than done tho
>>
>>18226216

you go make new / more friends.
>>
Happy? Birthday. Lol

You can consider expanding your social circle but make it small enough tho to not allow undeserving people in it. Cringeworthy it is but that's just how people live. You will need to gather friends to survive. And, find a partner. He/she will make a huge difference.

Happy birthday, friend.
>>
File: checkem.png (330KB, 264x733px) Image search: [Google]
checkem.png
330KB, 264x733px
>>18226231
>>18226243
>>18226245
This is it, outside of work I don't really 'know' anyone. A long time ago I didn't have a great deal of confidence but since working I feel much happier about myself in talking to strangers in general so I don't think I'm necessarily 'autistic' anymore. With this being said, work generally involves meeting people that are 5/10/20/30 years older.

My main issue is just actually meeting people. I'm not the 'where da part at' sort of guy, I'm just not into that. I also have interest but I also can't see myself meeting people up that share those. I'm at a loss really.

I feel happy in the sense that I'm doing quite well for my age and that I've had many fortunate opportunities... it's just that I don't have many to share it with. Most of the people now that I'd consider to me my 'friends' are those in countries (of which I have met in person, they're not just online acquaintances etc)

On a side note.. Thanks!
>>
>>18226293
can't even get relevant digits
fml
>>
>>18226293

>outside of the people i already know, i don't really know anyone

yes. this is why i said go make NEW friends, not go make the same friends again.

>people i meet at work are older

then take your new found lack of autism and go meet people not at work.

>im not the 'where da party at' sort of guy

and you don't have to be. its a myth that people all meet at parties. on the contrary, most people DONT meet at parties. they might meet GIRLS at parties, but it'd be really weird if people showed up to random parties and thats how they met their best friends. as a general rule you meet them in other ways, class and work are the basic entryways, but you can go to any event that caters to your interests and meet people there.

I am not a total weeb, but i find it eaiser for me to get along with weebs. they are passionate about specific interests, and i am passionate about my specific interests as well, which includes a few animu titles. so last night i went to a meetup anime marathon for FLCL. just a couple of chill dudes watching anime on a friday night. and it was AWESOME, these people were a lot of fun, knew their shit, and only one of them in the entire group was even remotely cringey. everyone else was just really cool and fun and we just talked for hours while watching cartoons.

no matter how introverted you will claim your hobbies are, there are always people who are at least willign to meet and discuss it. yes, even book readers join book clubs, and people who like music go to places that play live music, and no it doesn't have to be your exact specific niche, but if you appreciate heavy metal, then going to a bar where a local band plays live, even if its not heavy metal, might be a good way to meet people who enthusiastic about music as a whole.

do not limit your self saying 'WELL I ONLY LIKE THIS ONE REALLY SPECIFIC THING AND REFUSE TO DO ANYTHING REMOTELY UNRELATED TO IT' cuz thats just setting oyur self up for failure.

hope this helps
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.