[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I pursue my dream and go to art school? After a series

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: existentialspingbil.gif (197KB, 400x289px) Image search: [Google]
existentialspingbil.gif
197KB, 400x289px
Should I pursue my dream and go to art school?

After a series of shit jobs, I finally found a company that promises I can work my way up from the bottom to management. Thing is, I just can't picture myself in the Big Boy Uniform balancing the cash sheets and giving job interviews. I'm at least doing this job for the summer, but I don't know. I feel like 27 is too old to go back.

And no, I will not be posting my work. I know from past applications it's good enough to get in at least, but needs the improvement that art school would allow me the time and guidance for before I can go pro. I'm not good at self-teaching - I need a structured environment. Thinking of going the route of animation or concept art.
>>
>>18225011
If you think rationally you know it's a bad option because it's dying as a career and almost impossible to make a living off of. Then again do what makes you happy and if that's "wasting" money in art school then so be it. 99% sure you're gonna end up a public school art teacher even if you like it or not it's just what I've seen for a long time. You're not happy if you're hungry.
>>
>>18225178

I've considered the path of privately giving portfolio workshops to kids cheaper than postsecondary schools will do it. It might even be a decent summer gig if I end up at a public school.
>>
>>18225011
What is so great about art school? What can you learn there that can't be learned at a community college? Sure, you get a degree-- which is very important for certain careers, but not for art, unless you wanted to teach it. Seems like a lot you're going to throw away for exactly nothing more than your local community college could give for less money.

>just can't picture myself in the Big Boy Uniform

Don't worry, real life is going to hit soon and then you'll realize just how much what you 'picture yourself' as matters.
>>
>>18225211

I wouldn't shun cc, but universities hire artists who actually know how to teach as well. Either way, post-secondary offers the guidance of the experienced artists who teach the course and, more importantly, the connections you need to get anywhere in the art field. This applies to getting your work hung in galleries and landing that residency just as much as making sure that someone working on AAA games sees your portfolio.
>>
if you fail out are you going to go hitler?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.