[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shitty boss, what do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

>Work at job for 8 years under a string of subpar bosses (poor communicators, micromanagers, creepy fucks, etc)
>Generally ignore them and do what needs to be done
>New boss comes in a year ago, and she's got a bunch of little bullshit rules
>Mostly little things that no one else really cares about, but they don't fix any problem and they make things marginally but still noticeably less efficient and enjoyable
>She attacks the competence of one of our veterans in front of everyone at a training session (he's a little shit, but frankly this was uncalled for)
>Due to a restructuring that was in the works before she stated, everyone has to reapply for their current positions
>She tells this same guy to apply for a promotion, he ends up getting demoted instead (granted, she wasn't the only person on the panel)
>She pits the new hires against the vets in unproductive and unhealthy competition during training, which results in divides that show up during work
>No one actually gets trained, she literally reads off the answers during the assessment test, not even directly before like your average shady instructor
>The new guys probably wouldn't pass otherwise and we need the manpower; we get few and subpar applicants because base pay has actually gone down since I started (thankfully I'm grandfathered) while minimum wage has increased 50% and cost of living doubled
>Her boss from her previous job stopped by her office for a visit, and she spent 10 minutes bitching about how much she disliked this facility and what a step down it was for her *with her door open*
1/2, I hadn't realized how long this would end up being. Sorry.
>>
>>18224865
2/2. Yeah, this is definitely a tl;dr. Dammit.
>She replaced a bunch of our still serviceable equipment with low-quality crap that still suffers from the same faults she claimed the old stuff had (and a few new problems as well), and ordered the old ones destroyed when she found out some people were using them instead
>She threatened to fire me for not complying with one of her shitty little power trip rules, so I threatened to quit and she backed down.
>Now I think she's about to give me an ultimatum and probably follow through and fire me if I don't comply
I don't actually need the job, the pay's awful, I've got a few months worth of savings to live off of, and I'm confident I could be earning a bigger paycheck within three weeks. But the thing is, I genuinely enjoy my job. I'd do it for free in a heartbeat if I didn't have bills to pay. I enjoy my duties, I enjoy my coworkers, I enjoy the facility, and I even enjoy bitching about the job when things don't go my way.

So now I'm stuck in this situation where I have my dream job, but I'm underpaid and undervalued and forced to kiss my abusive boss's ass or roll the dice and hope my next job isn't this bad (or, god forbid, as awful as any of the other places I've worked). Should I cut and run? Should I give in and let her shit all over me? Should I continue to do my job to the best of my ability and let her fire me if that offends her so much?
>>
Just cut ties before it gets to toxic man.
try to leave on friendly terms with everyone, and look for new employment at a competitor or something.

Better to leave than have your boss ruin your enjoyment for the job.
>>
>>18224867
People don't leave companies, they leave managers. Find a new boss.
>>
>>18224867
Leave before you get fired, so you could at least use the job as a reference.
>>
>>18224865
>>18224867
Don't you have a HR department to solve that kind of things or workers union?
If you don't have an union you could start a new one and demand(as a group) to get her removed.
Provided you have enough charisma to convince your co-workers to go with it.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.