[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moral Obligation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: nobeastsofierce.jpg (188KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
nobeastsofierce.jpg
188KB, 1500x1125px
>Might be smart
>Have decided against ever bringing more human beings into the world
>Consider the implications of denying the world my genetics
>Realize designer babies will become a thing down the road
>Realize there are plenty of other people that will give birth to intelligent children down the road
>Wonder if an intelligent person will even necessarily make the world a better place
>They're more likely to suffer and accomplish what everyone else does in this life than assume political office, etc
>Can't stomach the thought that I will bring someone I love into a god-less world where it's very difficult to be happy

I can't feel a deeper attachment to the human race. No one outside of my family cares if I live or die tomorrow. I know how cruel life really is. The world will continue with or without my genetic input. I'm just one in billions.

Does anyone have an opinion on this?
>>
>>18224706
I can't even guarantee that the desire to help others will be in their brain.

They may grow to be the Jimmy Savile of 2074

I can only say with certainty that this life is no longer worth subjecting more humans to.
>>
I can't believe everything is the way it is.

A total waste of existence for 50 years. The majority of a life span.

Why bother?
>>
>>18224706
>>Might be smart
No you're not. The smartest people I know are the most humble. Not a single one of them considers themself smart.
>>Have decided against ever bringing more human beings into the world
That's fine
>>Consider the implications of denying the world my genetics
No implications at all
>>Realize designer babies will become a thing down the road
Fucking around with human DNA is a highly ethical issue that is more likely to be illegal rather than a future, especially for cosmetic reasons. Also a single intelligence gene will be near impossible to isolate, let alone maanipulate
>>Realize there are plenty of other people that will give birth to intelligent children down the road
Yup.
>>Wonder if an intelligent person will even necessarily make the world a better place
Sure. Happens every day but in silent ways
>>They're more likely to suffer and accomplish what everyone else does in this life than assume political office, etc
>>Can't stomach the thought that I will bring someone I love into a god-less world where it's very difficult to be happy
>I can't feel a deeper attachment to the human race. No one outside of my family cares if I live or die tomorrow.
This is all very dramatic.
>I know how cruel life really is. The world will continue with or without my genetic input. I'm just one in billions.
It isn't cruel. The universe is uncaring but that isn't cruel in and of itself. And "life" is extremely difficult to even define.

Now that you found nihilism for the first time, look into other branches of philosophy. Nihilism is a meme
>>
Any human being who replaces the subject of their sentence with a greater than sign is not very smart at all.
>>
>>18224706
Welcome to the Desert of the Real.

Not even mostly joking.

Though I hear that actually having your own kid connects you to your own sense of responsibility to the planet. Because now you want to make the world a better place for them.

Biology is weird.
>>
>>18224868
I don't read philosophy though.
It's not for me.

It's worth dirt to me because it's all just thought, and none of it is a true feeling.

To me, philosophy is no better than a hobby. To other people that function through thought, it's more than that.
>>
>>18224868
This isn't related to the universe, but man itself.

Human beings are generally uncaring. There's a layer of altruism, but if you look, there's really nothing there.

At a certain level, the people that help others in this world only do so for themselves.

We live in a cruel world built by other human beings.

We could easily put an end to so many issues in this world, but we don't because we don't care. We've evolved from a very cruel world of predation and prey.

Indifference is everywhere you turn, and it will always perpetuate pain. It's a part of every human being in this world.

I can't see life as anything other than cruel. You can work around it, but you can never get rid of it.
>>
File: 1489611203374.gif (919KB, 335x237px) Image search: [Google]
1489611203374.gif
919KB, 335x237px
>>18224706
Hahaha fedora grade shit right here. That's my opinion.
>>
>>18225144
This is from people assigning non-existent emotions to the words I've written.

Thanks for the hat though.
>>
>>18225107
If life is so shitty and hopeless why not kill yourself? A keen intellect like yours I'm sure recognizes there is nothing to fear in death, and you'd finally be free of the suffering of life. Free from pain, fear, and all sensation entirely.
>>
You are a faggot for believing your genetics are anything but mundane.
>>
we live in an easy world. we also happen to need more smart humans. Africans need to stop having children.
>>
>>18225065
Aside from math, philosophy is the study of near perfect logic. If you can't see value in that and that's its not a
>true feeling
(Can I get a definition on that) than I'm sorry it's lost on you.
>>18225107
Your entire argument there is built on nirvana fallacy then. Human beings can be plenty altruistic and the whole "only do something for themselves" is a stupid meme. Human beings do plenty of beautiful acts but your head is too far up the ass of your "humans are so cruel and dark boohoo" argument to realize.
>>
>>18224706
Does your name star with M?
>>
>>18225228
I like to jerk off.

>>18225523
>Near perfect logic

It's a hobby for people that don't lead life via thought.
It won't help me.
>>
>>18225337
>we live in an easy world

Yet because the world is so easy we're forced to waste the vast majority of our lives. If it were difficult, we would lead radically different, fulfilling lives.

I don't see how it's worth living at such a point.

>>18225523
The source of the altruism is the problem, and it's a symptom of a larger issue.

It's a consequence of the way we evolved.
>>
>>18225541
It starts with a K

>>18225241
If someone is a super model, are they not blessed with superior genetics?
>>
the earth does not need more smart people. under capitalism most people have to be poor and do menial labor no matter how smart they are.
>>
>>18226567
> If it were difficult, we would lead radically different, fulfilling lives
How is slaving for some lord any more fulfilling than wasting 8h in an office?

Besides, nobody stops you to make your easy first world life fulfilling. Find some shit worth working towards and it becomes fulfilling as fuck.

>I don't see how it's worth living at such a point.
Well, there is another solution for that too. If you don't see a point playing the game and are too lazy to look for one, you can always quit.

>>18226578
Capitalism isn't there to stay, it will either evolve (as it already did in most developed places) or get replaced. Incoming automation will bring massive changes too.
>>
>>18226578
That's another issue.
Most people never do anything with their brilliance.

They're just content to be alive and paying bills.
>>
>>18226596
>Marxist ideology

Don't make me kek
>>
>>18226664
>there is only capitalism and marxism
Come on, in times of Internet you can't blame your ignorance on shitty HS. Educate yourself.
>>
>>18225065
>muh stem
Fag
>>
>>18226789
>Implying I'm a mathematics fag because I don't like something that pertains to logic

He's absolutely correct when he says philosophy is logic.

I'm actually an INFP artist type.
>>
I was instantly cured of a medical condition that wasn't responding to any treatment after praying a special prayer in the bible.

The name isn't GOD or Jesus though. Their real names are from biblical hebrew, http://christianitybeliefs.org/the-falling-away/the-names-of-the-father-and-the-son/

After this I got into Christianity and started doing what the bible wants me to do to get into heaven. Miraculous things started happening in my life that dealt with long standing issues I've suffered with for awhile. Things so improbable that divine intervention is the only possibility.

So yeah. Christianity is legit. Might want to get into that before you end up going to hell otherwise. Billions of years in torture doesn't sound like a lot of fun. Making any necessary sacrifices and commitments possible to follow this religion correctly is worth it in the end. You end up being happy for eternity later so it's worth it.
>>
>>18226992
>Christianity is legit

I might as well become a Jehovah's Witness.
>>
>>18226992
Here. Sorry I am so burnt out and sleepy right now so I excluded something very important. The prayer I used was the prayer "jesus" says to use to pray to "GOD" The one that goes "Our father who art in heaven, etc"
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.