[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Love

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20170414_213031672.jpg (1MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170414_213031672.jpg
1MB, 1836x3264px
Hey /b/, I need an opinion, so here's what's happening:

>Have gf of a year
>She goes to therapist every week
>Last week her therapist diagnosed her with depression
>Im feeling bad, she feels much worse
>After a couple days, she says having the relationship is putting too much stress on her with depression setting in
>Dumps me
>Says once she shakes off the depression we'll be back together.
>Bought this promise ring 3 days before she went to therapist
>Wat do?
>>
what the fuck is a promise ring
>>
Depressed gfs, not even once.
>>
>shakes off depression

It doesn't really work like that, OP. A depressive bout can last anywhere from a few days to several months.

Think about it deeply before deciding if you're ready to wait around for her. You do sound like you care for her, so there's no reason to cut yourself off from her completely. I'm sure she'll still reach out to you when she's in need of a friend, but a relationship might be incredibly draining on you.
>>
>>18224477
Thanks for the advice. The bad part is is that I am running low on time I am a senior going to a college that is 4 hours away in another state, while she is a junior. I just don't want to be destroyed by having her in my head for too long (happened in the past with another girl)
>>
>>18224487

Running out of time for what exactly? I'm assuming you'll have to move back home after college, so what will she do then?

If that's the case, I'm not sure a relationship would work out.
>>
>>18224499
Nice dubs, but we were coming up with a plan for when the time came, like skyping every night, Me coming home every month to see family/friends/her, and just other stuff in general.
>>
>>18224519

You sound like you're both already planning this. I think you answered your own question.

Also I imagine you'd feel guilty to leave and start dating around even after she dumped you. I mean, you can't exactly do that to a clinically depressed person without feeling like shit.

Give it a go, I guess.
>>
>>18224519
I've got some bad news for you man, people change in college. That's a simple fact of life. On top of the fact that everyone's still mentally and emotionally developing into functioning adults, the newfound freedom and exposure to new points of view can really do a number to how people perceive themselves.

Most high school relationships don't survive college. ESPECIALLY when it's a long distance thing. I'm not saying yours won't, I'm just saying it's a possibility you really need to be thinking about. It may be what's mostly responsible with her depression. Because she knows she won't be able to maintain the relationship once you guys are so far apart.
>>
>>18224535
My feelings haven't been elsewhere for over a year. I want to wait it out to see what happens in let's say a month. If her decision is made, I'll go with it, otherwise, the future is unpredictable.
>>
>>18224540
She knew this was coming for quite some time, but about 4 days before, she started acting different, like less emotional towards everyone, I don't believe I was the one who caused it, but I believe this might have been part of it.
>>
>>18224568
I didn't say you caused it. I don't think you did. I'm just saying it's possible that her realizing this relationship she's been in for the last year is about to change radically might be having an effect on her emotional well-being. Have you actually tried talking to her about what's bothering her?
>>
>>18224578
not exactly. She's beating around the bush about it. I'm going to quote her a couple times
"I just can't deal with the stress from our relationship"
"I then asked her if I had done anything wrong/pressured her and she said "You havent done anything wrong, I'm just not okay right now and I would rather have bestfriends over boyfriends..."
"I still wanna be bestfriends anon" (not using my name cus privacy reasons). "I'm NOT trying to cut you off"
>>
>>18224599
Obviously it's an issue with the relationship or she wouldn't be trying to change the relationship. And when you're gone for months at a time 4 hours away at school, it's going to keep changing. Sure, there's always a chance you'll be able to salvage something resembling what you've had before, but I wouldn't count on it. It doesn't sound like she has much hope for the relationship, and you can't force it to work just because YOU want it to.
>>
>>18224477
>a few days to several months
What the fuck? I've been diagnosed with depression for years and I'm on medication. What do I have?
>>
>>18224611
Fuck man, I just don't know what will be the best for me. I'm glad it's spring break right now and she has over a week on what she wants.
>>
>>18224615
Not that anon, but there's a difference between acute depressive episodes (which are typically resolved in less than a year) and chronic depression, which sounds like what you're dealing with.

>>18224623
Let me try and save you some heartache my man, don't worry about what she wants. She doesn't even know what she wants. What do YOU actually want? And your answer has to be anything other than "my relationship from the last year" because that's never coming back again. Trust me.
>>
>>18224634
I dont want to sound selfish, but sex would be amazing, (still havent lost it), a fat blunt, and yeah, a relationship like this one.
>>
>>18224650
Most everyone enjoys sex, but that's something that comes up organically in a normal relationship. I'd share a blunt with you, but the internet doesn't work that way. And as far as your relationship... Like I said, it's not coming back. Maybe you can get something going with your girl again if she ever feels better about it, but probably not. I'd say you're probably better off just keeping yourself open. Don't cut yourself off from new experiences with the new people you meet at school, but don't forget about your lady friend, even if she is just a friend now. But she probably won't ever be your girlfriend again.
>>
>>18224448
>relationship is to much stress
>bought a promise ring

Return the ring. Giving it to her would put pressure on her. She might not return to you. Depression isn't something you get cured of, it's something you learn to deal with.
>>
>>18224660
Yeah, right now I'm just gonna enjoy my time off and screw around with my friends. Thanks so much my dude from the internet. I'll find you one of these days and share a blunt with you man. Have a good night/ day
>>
>>18224686
Same anon. Give her space and let her work her issues out. If it's meant to be, she'll come around, and if not, that's life. You just do you man.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.