[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is he doing this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

For the past semester I've been talking to a guy who goes to the same college as me. We'll be talking and then he'll vanish for a week or so and then come back and usually says it's because I didn't answer his text and he was waiting on me. However it's because the last text he sent me was something that didn't warrant a response. At first we kept making plans to meet up and he would bail or flake or I'd be busy.

Then one night we finally did meet and we had a good time talking and casually spending time together. He told me he really liked me and that he thought I was really cute and over the next couple days we texted.

Then he vanished again and I didn't see hear from him for a week and didn't see him for two weeks. I wrote it off as he found some other girl to mess with instead of me.

Last night he texted me again out of the blue at 1am asking if he could come over. We texted back and forth a bit and he apologized for being busy and I let him come over. We wound up watching a movie together and cuddled afterwards before we fell asleep together. He kissed me several times throughout the night and told me how cute he thought I was.

Then in the morning things were different. He wound up not leaving until 1pm but he slept most of the time before that. There wasn't any kissing or anything and I eventually had to ask him to leave because I had to go to work and needed to shower and what not. He seemed miffed about it, but did eventually leave.

I texted him after apologizing, but he said he wasn't upset about it. Then I really didn't hear much from him today other than him saying he didn't think I'd let him stay over and that he had fun and we should do it again sometime, but overall I'm still very confused.

I feel like it was odd for him to have kissed me the night before and then not at all today. I feel like it was weird that he did so, but we're not even dating. Or are we dating?

I don't know how to feel about this or why he did these things?
>>
>>18224409
Sounds like you're being dicked around and he only talks to you to try to get in your pants whenever he feels like it
>>
>>18224409
I left out a big part of this, which was that he wound up going to formal with another girl, but he told me about it before it happened and insisted he wasn't interested in her. He then also ditched her for me probably ruining her entire night in front of her sorority.
>>
>>18224411
We didn't have sex and he never even slightly pushed for it. The cuddling was very G rated, and so was the kissing. Nothing even so far as making out.
>>
Sweetie, you're nothing but an easy source of sex and attention to him.
>>
>>18224417
But we're not having sex??
>>
>>18224419
At this rate, it's only a matter of time before you are.
>>
He's probably overthinking.

He might be thinking something like "Shit I went to far yesterday, I better back of a bit"

Just be up front with him, say what's on your mind, playing games is stupid and childish.
>>
>>18224435
I also don't want to scare him off though...
>>
>>18224435
I'm afraid if I even mutter the words "dating" or "what is this" he's going to freak out about it being so early.
>>
>>18224438
Hey I was madly in love with a girl once, I acted just like the guy you're talking about here.
I wasn't sure if she liked me enough and I was a bit insecure myself, afraid of rejection I never made a proper move on her beside calling her beautiful, saying that I liked her a lot, etc.
Looking back at it now I think she really did like me but she never really told me so I always had to guess, it became too much for me and I just gave up.
If she had just told me upfront about her feelings that would've meant so much to me and would've made things so much easier.

If what you say scares him off, then the two of you never had a chance to begin with, right? If he genuinely likes you he won' be scared off.
>>
>>18224409
>didn't warrant a response
Never understood how women think like this. I guess women, like the children they are, can get away with thinking like this because society panders to them and they expect the world and situations to be moved around them, for them. They do not have to be active, motivated participants to take initiative to make anything happen.

If you feel what he said didn't warrant a response, then why not change the subject? Imagine if you were talking to someone in real life, and they said something that did not warrant a response -- would that be the last time you ever spoke to them? He says something, then YOU say something. That's how a fucking 'conversation' works. Isn't that crazy, kiddo? Jesus Christ...
>>
>>18224489
Wow you woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. This literally happens with everybody. You're not 24/7 texting people are you? No, because the conversation comes to an end...go eat some chocolate or something
>>
>>18224416
>>18224419
>>18224438

You sound like you're in the denial. The face that you keep letting him come back after his weird little episodes lets him know that's okay.

He keeps doing it cause he knows eventually you'll do anything to keep him around. Sure, it's cuddling or kissing for now. How long before he initiates more fooling around and eventually sex? It already sounds like you're worried about disappointing him.

Open your fucking eyes, kid. He's playing with you.
>>
>>18224489
Men and women are different, that's just the way it is.

You can hate the game all you want but if you refuse to play by the rules you'll never score.

I used to be really pissed off at women because I couldn't figure out how they worked, I swallowed my pride and started asking around, read some books and a few years down the line with some experience I can say I really love girls.
Our differences aren't that big, really but it's small things that can lead to big nasty stuff if not interpreted the right way. We have slightly different values and ways off dealing with/expressing our emotions.

Sure some are messed up but the same goes for men as well.
>>
>>18224489
>t. someone who is an idiot or who has never interacted with an idiot

If you've never had some dopey airhead text you something that there's literally no reply to except basic confirmation, you've literally never spoken to a girl before. But guys do the same shit sometimes. People say shit that doesn't merit a response. If neither party cares enough to carry on the conversation past that, it's pretty much everyone's fault the conversation died.
>>
>>18224522
Teach me. I feel like i understand women decently well, but I resent 99% of them so fucking deeply, it's not even funny.
>>
>>18224496
Learn to handle constructive criticism.

The points you made in this post were so weak that it's obvious you are just trying to preserve your way of doing things because you fear changing yourself or that something about you might be wrong. To placate your weak argument, no, I do not text people 24/7. I do however respond to people when I want a dialogue to keep going.
>>
>>18224532
Men are from Mars, women are from Venus is a great book imo that opened my eyes a bit.

Like most men you meet in your everyday life, most women aren't compatible with you.
Then if a woman is hot and all that but the two of you don't work together it's easier to just chalk her up as a idiot than to just accept that the two of you are different and would probably never have a good relationship together.
It's no one's fault really, people are just different and need to just turn around and leave when they realize that someone is not right for them instead of cursing them to hell.

Not saying I have it figured out but personally I have become a lot happier and I've had more success after really trying to understand both genders.
>>
>>18224576
I read that book a few years back, it was good, and helped me understand them. It's not so much "not clicking" that bothers me. It's the stupid self-contradictory bullshit they do. Example.

>room mate's step mom complains her step-sons never call her
>she was always a cunt to them growing up, and basically kicked the middle brother out
>room mate calls her
>she doesn't answer

Or my ex-girlfriend
>claims she loves me and would do anything for me
>whenever I tell her things she does that bother me she gets angry and starts insulting me
>actively pushed me away from her by ignoring me whenever I told her personal things
>accuses me of being distant
>tell her why I'm feeling distant
>somehow still my fault

Like what the fuck. What. the. fuck.
>>
>>18224627
>every woman is exactly the same
>I'm going to stereotype a whole gender based on some dumb shit some idiots did

OK
>>
>>18224522
Trust me dude, I play the game. I just think the rules are stupid. I know how to talk to women and have banged over 20 women. It's just stupid how much harder American women make things than they need to be. After living in Europe and traveling through Asia and dating the women from there, I can definitely say I will never marry an American woman. Ever. Too many fucking games and too many expectations for what they genuinely deserve in a relationship.

If you haven't dated women from outside America, you need to try it. Once you realize "Oh, it's really just American women who are such massive cunts", it'll make you rethink MGTOW and hating women.
>>
>>18224576
What I learnt from that book is (what I had already suspected beforehand) that women are fucking morons who evolved to sit around the cave sharing feelings instead of doing anything useful.

They never actually try to solve anything. They bitch and moan to all their friends the first chance they get whenever they are upset. They don't even fucking talk to communicate ideas, only feelings. So hearing a woman talk basically the human equivalent of a dog's excited yapping or sad whimpering.

I found a woman with the same mindset as a man (as in, logical, results-oriented, focused, reserved, etc.) and I am so happy I don't have to put up with the same bullshit all the other men in the world do.
>>
>>18224530
>If neither party cares enough to carry on the conversation past that, it's pretty much everyone's fault the conversation died

That's the issue. Proper etiquette would tell that speaking out of turn is impolite. You probably already know this without needing to learn it. Wait your turn. It's fairness. So after one party speaks, it's the other party's turn to speak. Yeah, it might be rude to put the obligation of carrying a difficult conversation onto thr other party, but that's just a golden opportunity to become a better conversationalist, and again as I already stated, you can just as easily change the topic to what you want to talk about.
>>
>>18224409
How much do you like him? He's basically a front page of /b/ it seems, you never know what you're gonna get. He is very insecure and you should be more open to each other, like talk feelies and sevret s never lie, even about what you want for a meal or about how you feel.
>>
>>18224414
why would you want to be around someone like that
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.