[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anti depressants

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: beruka9.jpg (320KB, 1900x2365px) Image search: [Google]
beruka9.jpg
320KB, 1900x2365px
i've been pretty depressed these last few years and feel like i can't really handle it anymore. Highly considering taking medicine, however, i've of course heard the rumors of anti depressants making you a "zombie" or ruining your libido. Could anyone perhaps tell me about their experiences with anti depressants?
>>
There was a time that I felt nothing but I got over it. What I had to realize is that the majority of the day I would be full of negative feelings, and the meds created an absence. It can be strange to not have that dark cloud over head, but it makes room for you to feel other things. If you sit around and do the same stuff you did while depressed (not that your depression goes away entirely) you will feel empty and like a zombie. The lack of negative feelings you are used to is an opportunity. All that said, consult a psychiatrist.
>>
Oh man my oneitis is sitting on antisad peels and if that ruins libido I stand no chance, as my only property is body that of a Greek god. The fat one. I've been feeling really down since I broke up with my gf, generally unhealthy also, but I take my solace in magic mushrooms. First I get visual stuff and you philosophise a lot about life but feel just great. Later I go out in the world and no matter my surroundings, shrooms bring out the best in them and I am fascinated. One time mediocre trip might cheer you up for a couple of days, but what's good is that you can grow them yourself, fuck big pharma, and they probably come out cheaper.
>>
>>18224327
I've been on fluexotine (50mg) and sertaline (100mg). Both are SSRIs and they decreased my sex drive. It took more effort to get and maintain erections and took more time to ejaculate. At first, you may feel drowsy and groggy on them, but in my experience that wears off after a week. I feel like many of my emotions were dulled while on them, but I was able to function socially and academically which is more than I could say being off of them.

If you want to avoid taking SSRIs you could try Tianepetine. You can order it online. It starts working as soon as you start taking it. You have to dose it 2 to 3 times a day if you get the sodium version. The sulfate version lasts all day, but I haven't tried it. It doesn't cause antidepressent dick syndrome. Tolerance does go up with Tianepetine faster than with other antidepressants though.

Remember when taking antidepressants to also work on issues that could be contributing to your depression. Lack of exercise, lack of sunlight, poor diet, lack of support system.
>>
>>18224327
If you're a grill and your on birthcontrol it could be that.
If you're a grill with an IUD it super duper could be that.
>>
Antidepressants are not magic pills guaranteed to fix up your mood. At the risk of sounding like a conspiracy theorist, pharmaceutical companies have pushed this angle over the last few years because it benefits them economically. But there is no single antidepressant that is guaranteed to make you feel better in the long-term.

If you are depressed chances are that what you need more than anything else is therapy, in order to figure out how to handle your depression and tackle its causes. Chances are a problem in your life, family, work, etc. is causing your depression more than a chemical imbalance in your brain.

I'm sorry, but people who go straight from "I think I'm depressed" to "give me pills" bemuse me. That's not how therapy works.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.