[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Want to buy Overwatch, but broke and no future money in sight

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

Hello /adv/ high schooler anon here. I'm nearing the end of my senior year. I don't have a job, and haven't had one. It's not because I'm a NEET or anything. Rather, my mom has be doing a full IB program, while taking college classes in my free time. She's told me to not have to worry about getting a job as long as I continue my studies. Also, she told me recently to avoid getting a job so it doesn't fuck up my FAFSA/scholarships.

Naturally, she said that she'd provide for me if I am full time studying. Normally, I don't ask for things like this, and can live off of gift money from birthdays/holidays. But for the first time in my 18 years, I asked my mom if I could do some work to get $40. She got all pissy, immediately saying no because it was for a game.

I get that I'm asking for money for a game, but there's a couple things I don't think she realizes. I'm not asking for it for free; I offered to work for it, or even pay it back in the future. Secondly, all of my friends who don't commit to schooling as much as me have jobs, and are able to buy things like this all they want because of it.

Basically she's forcing me to have no spending money. She's not a reasonable person to negotiate with, so that makes it all the more frustrating.

I'm hoping to receive small scholarships from the local businesses and use that money, but that wouldn't be for a few months. Am I fucked til then?

Also, I recognize this may be seen as whining or spoiled. But at least I'm not a degenerate who's asking for drug money or something of that sorts.
>>
>>18224167
do you have any world of warcraft tokens or a few hundred thousand gold? you can exchange your tokens for $15 in battle.net balance.
>>
>>18224170
Oh. I don't play wow. I may be nerdy, but I'm not that nerdy
>>
It's a pretty boring game man.

The skill cieling is too low, there's nothing to master and the competitive mode is a joke.
Once you've tried all the characters for a few hours each it gets old really fast, and this is coming from someone who was super hyped about the game and pre-ordered it months before release.

Unless you have a bunch of friends who play it, it's not worth it in my opinion. Get something that's free to play instead like Team Fortress 2.
>>
Overwatch sucks lmao I got bored of it so quick. It's a poor man's tf2.

Battlefield one is where it's at rn.
>>
>>18224488
>>18224426
This
I was close to going pro, top 500 and I just can't fucking imaging grinding that game 12 hours a day I'd fucking kill myself

Hearthstone is at least fun with its rng
>>
>>18224167
Not worth it bro, as someone who has bought way too many games, you can get equal/more enjoyment out of free games such as hearthstone or league of legends. Theres a bunch out there but I ended up with over 2000 games played on league alone
>>
Play Witcher 3.
>>
>>18224426

Don't listen to this nerd. If you have friends to play with it's a blast. The competitive community is the most toxic autist hotspot on the planet.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.