[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hitchhiking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: c0ab470156606ad9b8a0e3a278fad104.jpg (997KB, 3008x2000px) Image search: [Google]
c0ab470156606ad9b8a0e3a278fad104.jpg
997KB, 3008x2000px
I want to hitchhike

I've always had the dream to hitchhike from coast to coast, but I don't really care if I do. I just think it would be a fun adventure just to hitchhike like from Memphis to Nashville.

So any tips on hitchhiking? Safety? Where to go? When to do it? Where to do it? What to bring? Who to bring? Who to ride with? Longest distance to go?

Any advice or stories are welcome.
>>
>I want to stand around for a couple hours until the police give me a ticket
Cool.
You could also get a car and just drive to the places you want to go. Or even take a bus.
>>
>>18224131

its illegal in most states fyi
>>
>>18224131
Hitch hiking is our with the times, gone with the wind.

Try hopping some trains. It'll take a little more planning and effort, but the adventure may be worth it
>>
>>18224131
I've traveled thousands of miles and dozens of countries by thumb. A few tips.

>Safety?
Bring knife if it's legal where you are. Learn how to use it and keep it in your boot for easy access.
>Where to go?
Small roads take longer but are much easier to hitch than highways. They also have better scenery, more small areas to explore and people tend to be more chill and open to strangers. on Highways you have to use gas stations or road shoulders to hitch since the road itself is illegal to walk.
>When to do it?
Warm weather is a great benefit. In case you get stuck with no lift in nowhereland you won't freeze to death and it's easier to be out and about in general. Hours on the road in warm sunshine is no problem as long as you carry enough water.
>What to bring?
Light pack. One change of clothes, a sleeping bag, dry food and some water. don't fall for the canned food meme. Keep your foods and liquids separate in case you need to lighten your load. Weight feels a lot heavier after a few miles.
Who to bring?
No one. Hitchiking alone is a lot more successful than with a buddy, but slightly less safe I guess. People are more open to picking up a lone person rather than several, and you have greater chance of having lone drivers stop, while if you are more people that driver will feel outnumbered and might not stop at all. Also, keep hygiene and look presentable or else people are hesitant to pick you up, especially if you hitch from gas stations and ask people directly for lifts. Look like a decent human being and be treated like one, basically.
>Who to ride with?
Anyone who doesn't give you the creeps. You can almost always feel a bad ride with first impressions. You are the one who decides to get into the car or not. Your choice, you can always back down. No obligation to get in, even if people stop. That is your power and main source of safety. unless you feel safe, just say no and wait for the next car.
>Longest distance to go?
As far as you want.
>>
>>18224580
Thanks for the tips. I really appreciate it
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.