[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What car should I buy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: adfasfd.jpg (48KB, 1002x600px) Image search: [Google]
adfasfd.jpg
48KB, 1002x600px
Carfags help me out.

I currently drive a 2000 Honda Accord.
This things been a tank for me, it's gone through so much bullshit without ever giving me a problem.
I love it to death but it's just now starting to nickel and dime me (which for being 17 years old I'm more than cool with this fact) so I'm in the market for a newer car.
The catch:
I just want a damn car about the same size as it. Seems like all the newer cars fell for the "bigger is better" meme. This is basically the biggest thing I care about in car aesthetic. I just want it to be small.
Are there any good reliable cars in the 2012+ range that are about the same size as a 00 accord anyone would recommend looking into?
My sister's got a 2010 Accord and my mom a 2013, they're both fucking massive compared to my car and I hate driving them. Otherwise I'd just get a new accord because I have had such great experiences with Hondas. They're just too damn big for my itty bitty girl legs.
>>
>>18224130
2000 geo metro or a 2014+ smart car, those things are radical.
>>
>>18224144
Both of those cars also drive like trucks. You feel every single bump in the road and can't accelerate worth a shit. They're downright dangerous to drive.
>>
>>18224144
mini cooper, fiat 500, vw beetle, mazda2, chevy aveo
>>
>>18224144
The 2000 wouldn't solve my issues really lol. Just be trading one falling apart car in for another. Hence why I wanted a newer model.
But noted on the smart cars.
>>18224158
>Mini
low key my dream car really, though I can't drive stick and finding an automatic has proven to be difficult.
Though, I've heard they aren't good cars unfortunately.

My friend has a new beetle, which is kinda neat. I'll look into these, thank you anons
>>
>>18224130
Get a honda civic, best car I've driven so far and good on gas.
Compact too, since you said you prefer smaller cars.
>>
>>18224144
>2000 geo metro
don't listen to this man OP as he knows nothing about cars.
>>
>>18224130
Civic or Corolla is what you want.
>>
>>18224241
damn senpai no chill get back in your stanced ricemobile
>>
>>18224235
I've been thinking about a newer civic, but I've just been told they're about the same size as the newer accords, which are beasts lol.
>>18224271
I remember looking into corollas when I was shopping around and eventually buying my current car. I know the old ones were good sizes, I'll check up on the newer ones
>>
>>18224302
Go check out the Corolla, Civic and Mazda 3 and if you find them too big, what about the Fiesta, Fit, Yaris, Golf (more practical than the Beetle)?
>>
>>18224362
Sure thing. I was honestly just trying to milk some model names out of this thread to look into, because I really know nothing about cars lol. My google searches have had me going in circles because I cannot tell for the life of me how big any of these cars are and I'm not quite ready to go running into a car dealership without at least having a couple models in mind.
Like I said, 3/4 people in my family all drive Honda accords in varying years lol. So I've got little experience with types of cars.

The size is the most important (other than being automatic since I can't drive stick) Other things I really want though are 4 doors and I'd prefer a car the same general shape too. Like the hatchback/minivan looking cars I'm not very keen on. My dad's got a CRV, hate driving his car too because the back windows so weird for me to look out of.
>>
>>18224377
Honda Fit is tiny and great on gas
That should just about do it for you
>>
>>18224377
If you only want automagic, the Fiesta (or Focus) is not a good option.
Why not hatchbacks? They are easier to park, because they don't have a huge ass.
>>
>>18224395
Eh it's probably just that I don't like change and want to make learning how to drive a new car as least painful as possible. Ergo, I want my new car to be as similar to my current car as possible. I learned to drive in a BMW 3, my first car was a Hyndai Sonata (which lasted about a year and was a fucking lemon lol) and I've been driving this honda accord since 2013 really. So thats the kind of car I've always driven. Small, car cars lol.
I just don't like the way the rear view is on hatch backs mostly. And 2bh I've always had a harder time parking them than my normal car lol.
>>18224389
Alrighty, adding it to my list, thanks anon
>>
>>18224418
To make your life even easier:
Sedans
>Corolla
>Civic
>Mazda 3 (I think there is a hatchback version too)
>Jetta (it's a sedan Golf/Beetle)

Hatchbacks
>Fiesta (don't do this)
>Fit
>Yaris
>Golf

These are the best options in the category that you're looking for.
>>
>>18224437
Thank you based anon. Really, this is like babby's first car buy since my dad basically did everything for me for that sonata and this accord was a hand me down from my sister, so I feel like I'm just stumbling around with little direction lol.
>>
>They're just too damn big for my itty bitty girl legs.
>girl

Liar. There are no girls on this site. Please stop this charade.
>>
File: dsfsasd.gif (995KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
dsfsasd.gif
995KB, 500x375px
>>18224473
On the internet nobody knows you're a dog.
>>
I currently am driving a 2007 hyundai elentra (look it up, too lazy to post picture) and i believe it is a great car. It comes with a great stereo and it has pretty good mpg. just oil the thing every 3000-4000 miles.
>>
>>18224418
Get a hatchback you pleb, the back windows are literally bigger in many cases. Also smaller, having a bigger ass on your car doesnt make it easier to park
>>
I have a similar situation to you op.
My 2004 is starting to cost way more than it gives back.
>>
op get a new corolla. just bought a 2016. good on gas and about the same size as the older accords while still have 4 doors and a decent trunk size. seat can adjust for short legs and height.
>>
>>>/o/
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.