[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Self hate?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 8

File: IMG_2738.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2738.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
So to be clear. I think I'm ugly. I personally hate the way I look. I hate my smile, and just cringe everytime I see a picture of myself. Oddly, I've had girls tell me that I'm decently attractive. Even my friends have said I'm decent looking. But I don't believe it.

So, for the past few months Ive been making changes:

>I've been going to the gym regularly. I'm a thin guy, but I've been slowly adding on lean muscle. So I have an ottermode appearance now
>clean and nice haircut
>bought good quality casual clothing, shoes, and watch
>seeing a dentist. Even tho I have healthy teeth, I'm going to have them professionally whitened and I will have them do a bonding to give me a nicer smile.

Even with the progress I've made, and the upcoming changes. I still feel the same. I'm really working my ass off to become as attractive as I possibly can. But even still, I don't feel deserving of a girlfriend. I don't feel worthy of having someone show feelings and affection toward me. Just the thought of someone wanting to do that for me makes me feel bitter.
>>
>>18223626
Post your pic.
Look at mirror each day and say yourself into face that you look good. Stare at yourself in mirror at least 5 minutes each day. The key is to make your rain used to your apperance. It will get better as time will go, i promise.

No matter how beautiful you will be, you have to learn how to love yourself first as you are.
>>
File: IMG_0512.jpg (146KB, 697x838px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0512.jpg
146KB, 697x838px
>>18223724

>Post your pic

I'm not taking a current picture because it will take me a very long time to take a picture that I'd even feel comfortable sharing with anons... so, here is a picture of me from this time last year. This is before I started the gym.

it's hard to just convince myself to like myself when I truly don't like looking in the mirror. That's why I'm going through with these changes. I'm about to spend $1,000 on getting my teeth whitened and 2 teeth bonded. I really hope that helps
>>
>>18223626
You should read the summary of Psycho Cybernetics
It's about appearance and self esteem from a plastic surgeon that had clients that were never satisfied no matter how many operations they had
>>
>>18223790

I will look into I guess.

I've been spending so much money trying to improve my appearance. Between new clothes, shoes, watch, high protein healthy food, gym membership, bi-monthly haircuts, and the dentist. I've spent probably a few thousands dollars over the past year or so
>>
>>18223763
You're not ugly. and keep hitting the gym for another 2 years and you'll really start to pull bitches.

Its fantastic to hear that you're working on yourself. Keep going.
>>
File: IMG_0515.jpg (613KB, 2071x2424px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0515.jpg
613KB, 2071x2424px
>>18223806

I just took this, its not a very good picture. But I've definitely improved since the other picture I posted. and I've only been going to the gym for about 2 months.

>you'll pull bitches

I seriously doubt that
>>
>>18223827
Keep working on your abs especially. Give it another year or 2 you'll see
>>
>>18223864

Yeah I recently started putting more focus on abs.

But no, I don't see it happening. I'm already 26. I have too much shit to deal with. I still have to fix my smile amongst other things.

I'm really not trying to sound like an attention whore. But I can't see why an attractive girl would want me
>>
File: IMG_2781.jpg (41KB, 304x499px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2781.jpg
41KB, 304x499px
>>18223877
You better read that fucking book nigger
Or audio book download it
>>
>>18224007
How many lamborginis do you have in your garage?
>>
>>18223626
You have body dysmorphic disorder
>>
File: IMG_2783.jpg (194KB, 1334x750px)
IMG_2783.jpg
194KB, 1334x750px
>>18224022
>>
>>18223763
> 2 teeth bonded. I really hope that helps

Spend money on a psychiatrist
Nothing will make
Body dysmorphia Better except mental health counseling
>>
>>18224029

I have a therapist. But I don't talk to him about my appearance because I feel too uncomfortable going into that conversation
>>
>>18224037
The most uncomfortable things are the best things to talk about

This NEEDS to be said
>>
>>18224044

I don't know. That and the whole "never having a girlfriend thing/intimacy issues + the fact I look like shit" is something I can't voice in front of someone.
>>
I'm the same, except I'm 6 years older and actually ugly.
>>
>>18224157

Oh. Post picture?
>>
File: 20170413_171944[1].jpg (1MB, 1440x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20170413_171944[1].jpg
1MB, 1440x1440px
>>18224175
I already have a few times tonight so sorry if you've interacted with me before about this.
>>
>>18224189

See. This is the problem we have. I don't think there is anything wrong with you. You don't look ugly. But, I know you don't feel that way. Same as when people say I look good. I feel the exact opposite
>>
>>18224201
Yeah, you actually feel embarrassed by it? Almost mocked?

One thing I think you might have as well, going off how you just spoke about it, is that you can kind of "scientifically" acknowledge that you might not be ugly but you don't actually feel it. And then when you're in a sexual situation, or possible sexual situation, you feel like you're almost tricking them, or like you're about to be rumbled as an uggo?
>>
>>18223763
Wow, you're a totally normal looking guy who is probably a 7/10 to most girls

Stop having a pity party
>>
>>18224215

Yeah, like I actually have had some decent looking girls show interest as me (although it's not common). Even after that, I don't FEEL desirable. I can look into a mirror or look at a picture and think "what the fuck". I've never had a "good" sexual experience. The only 2 times I've had sex were many years ago and with girls I didn't like. Bad experiences. So the fact that now, the possibility with an ATTRACTIVE girl doesn't seem real, although it has been in the recent past. So I've always backed out. I feel inferior more or less.
>>
>>18224233

>7/10 to most girls

I can't accept that
>>
>>18224092
>never having a girlfriend thing/intimacy issues + the fact I look like shit
Yea I went to the therapist for years and also carefully avoided this topic. Im not even ugly, and neither are you.
>>
>>18225464

There has been times I've been sitting in his office talking about a different topic, and I have thought about mentioning that shit, but I couldn't voice it. Like, I literally could not get myself to speak about it out loud. If my therapist gave me an opening then i might take it such as "so anon, what have your past relationships been like while you've been having this problem?" if he asked something like that, then I'd have the room to say "never had gf". But, he's never asked me if I've had a girlfriend before
>>
>>18223763
Ok I will honestly analyse your looks:
1) Your forehead is slightly weird because it is smaller than your eyebrows, you need longer hair
2) You got good eyebrow bone structure and eyebrows, they seem masculine which is a plus
3) Nice eye color, but they are tilted downwards, which is not attractive. However, consider yourself lucky because this is OK if you are a man, if you were a woman it would be worse
4) Nose is on the smaller side, I consider it a plus, but who knows
5) Just average lips, but you don't know how to smile, practice more
6) Average cheekbones
7) Good-looking ears, good proportion to the head
8) Strong jawline and chin, although slightly asymmetrical
All in all, pretty good. +1,5 points for your body. Your head is fucking with you.
>>
>>18224189
In Russia you would be considered average maybe
>>
>>18225535

Yeah I completely disagree. If my hair gets much longer than it is in my 2nd picture I posted it looks like shit. I can't smile because my smile looks retarded as fuck which is why I'm going to pay a lot of money to get me a better smile. I have a really big nose that looks like shit.
>>
>>18224189
You look a bit like Elliot Rodger.
>>
>>18225539

Really?
>>
>>18223763
I think you're pretty attractive (femanon here). Keep working on those abs and you'll pull lots of women!
>>
>>18226649

I'm not really asking for compliments. But I seriously doubt all of a sudden one day I'm going to get lots of girls
>>
>>18223626
I'll give you the same advice my mother gave me when I came to her with this dilemma; everyone shits in the same poisition.

Just remember that the most beautiful person you have ever seens, once a day, squats down on the porcilain throne and makes veins pop out of their head squeezing out a big stink log. And once a month they sit down on that toilet and unleash a drumfire barrage that would make the mortars of the allied trenches blush. Basically, nobody is flawless, or perfect. You're being too hard on yourself. Cut yourself some slack. You can't make everyone like you, and if someone decides not to be your friend or love because you aren't gorgeous enough for them I say good for you. Life's too short to have shallow pricks loke that in it anyway. Be yourself. Let down your barriers, quit trying to change who yoi are, and learn to do what feels right instead of what "makes" you right. I hope you laughed, and I hope you can find some peace with yourself. Life isn't as complicated as they pretend it is in the movies. You're doing just fine kiddo.
>>
>>18226892

But I hate how I look
>>
File: angery veg.jpg (29KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
angery veg.jpg
29KB, 1280x720px
>>18226892
This is really good advice, too bad it's riddled with typos.

>>18227067
Even the most beautiful of people feel ugly at times, you hate how you look because you're constantly reminding yourself you do.
Stop looking at pictures, mirrors, and your general appearance as much as possible. Of course, comb your hair, wash your face, etc but try to not need a mirror. If you fear something may be on your face, ask someone instead of looking
Now continue to improve yourself, and truly feel that you are. If you can do this, and boost your confidence, I'm sure it will help.

I used to really hate the way I looked until really, a few years ago, I'm 23 now. I have a beautiful boyfriend, and even though I'm not perfect (not as fit as I'd like lol) I feel so much better about myself than I have my whole life.

Also perhaps try Shrooms, a small dose however.
>>
>>18227092

Well I'm glad things are working out for you anon. I'm glad you found a beautiful partner. But for me, the only girls who've really shown me interest were girls I don't find attractive. All it does is re-enforce that I'm below average. I read a study that said people typically pair off with people their level. Well, if I'm attracting girls who are ugly, I must be ugly. That must be my "level"
>>
>>18227121
Girls don't go after boys, the girls who do go after boys are either A. crazy B. Ugly or Below average or C. Very confident/Wise

I am assuming you haven't gone after very many girls, and I assume the girls you have gone after aren't of the type you speak of.
Honestly, you're annoying, no one likes someone who constantly feels bad about themselves because woes me I am not the beautiful super model~

Get fit, get better, and get confident. You can pull pretty girl. All you're reinforcing is that you feel like shit all of the time.
>>
File: Chart_97_rgb_500pxlH.jpg (74KB, 283x500px) Image search: [Google]
Chart_97_rgb_500pxlH.jpg
74KB, 283x500px
>>18223626
>>
>>18227260

>I am assuming you haven't gone after very many girl

Well of course not. I don't feel comfortable or deserving of it.

>you're annoying

Well I don't mean to be. To be honest, this isn't something I whine about to others. My co-workers for example, have no idea I feel this way. Infact most have assumed I have had past relationships. I don't show how I feel to others. I hide it
>>
>>18227092
>muh typos
I assume he still got the message. Not going ti waste time editing a 4chan post so that it appeases the grammar gods. Nothin to prove to you man.

OP, sounds like you just need to let it go. Letting go feels almost the same as giving up, except that you keep hope. I think you need to develop a thick skin, and remember what I said about not assuming that other people are better than you. The omly thing you replied to me was "but I hate the way I look" well oh fuckin well. If you don't want to help yourself then nobody can help you. You sound like you have your head stuffed up your own ass, suffocating from the fumes but you love the way it smells. You have to get over it. Get over yourself as well. The people that will be there for you in the end won't give a fuck if you're just a 6/10. Welcome to the club kiddo. Nobody is perfect, and that includes you, and you HAVE to learn to accept yourself and get on or you will chase your tail over this until the day you die, unable to see that most people around you would LOVE to connect with you emotionally, no matter how much you selfishly hate yourself. If you want the only advice you'll ever need on building relationships ANYWHERE; It isn't about you, it's about THEM. It's about the wide world outside of yourself brother, because it doesn't matter who it is, the world inside on person is very small. You're thinking too small. It aint 'bout you son, it's about the people arouns you. Make their lives better and you will thereby make your own better.

Now quit bellyaching and go help some old lady put her groceries in her buick. It. Aint. About. You.
>>
>>18228506

>If you don't want to help yourself then nobody can help you

Yes I am, that's why I've been doing a lot to improve and make myself look better

>quit bellyaching

I'm not a selfish person Tbh. Infact, being selfLESS is what partially fucked me over. I always used to put others before myself. Someone told me that I need to "do me". So that's why I'm trying to do.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.