[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tax Issues

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: NoMoreMoney.jpg (52KB, 483x447px) Image search: [Google]
NoMoreMoney.jpg
52KB, 483x447px
>Do taxes on H&R Block website.
>Make $14,759 over the year
>Know about ACA bullshit, as I'm entering W2s, I get my refund knocked down to a little over $300.
>Enter my Student Loan Interest, raise it back up to $488.
>All looks good.

>Get to ACA Penalty portion (I thought I just paid this?)
>Click on option saying I didn't have health insurance at all during 2016.
>Suddenly, I now have a shared responsibility payment of $695 and owe $207.

What is going on, here? This is the first time I have had to pay the penalty for being uninsured (got off by a slight margin from partial insurance through my mom, last year), but I thought the $300-400 that got deducted from my W2s were my penalty? If not, what was that first deduction?

I definitely don't make enough to owe the govt money without the ACA penalty, so why do I owe money TWICE? Single, no kids, btw.
>>
Get some fucking insurance retard. We don't want to have to pay when you have 100,000 medical bills for busting your ass.
>>
>>18223330
are you some kind of dumb fuck? nobody else has to pay anything for uninsured americans. it's entirely on the individual that receives the care.
>>
>>18223330
If I could afford health insurance, this wouldn't be an issue.
>>
>What is going on, here?

Obamacare has not been repealed yet, Paul Ryan's bill was not a repeal and that's why conservatives rejected it. You're still legally obligated to hand your paycheck to insurers who will not cover you when you get sick.
>>
>>18223344
You have zero fucking clue how the American system works. Broke people take their kids to the emergency room with a common cold, then ignore the bill entirely. Folks who sign up for insurance pay for the total cost of covering everyone, including those who abuse the system.

The only difference Obama made was that now people are part of this system whether they like it or not.
>>
>>18223352
but didn't the miracle bill rescue you from this? oh what's that? the cheapest plan that you can get through the "affordable care act" is still 40% of your paycheck per month?

fuck all of these people that think it's actually a good deal. insurance itself is the problem and it needs to go.
>>
>>18223378
It's you who has zero clue how it works, fuck off back to your anime you neet sperglorg.
>>
File: anticommie.jpg (38KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
anticommie.jpg
38KB, 500x501px
>>18223382
You don't have any real arguments, you just have copypasted crybaby bullshit in place of information.

US system puts freeloaders on the backs of payers. It worked this way before Obama and it only worked this way moreso after Obama passed his communism.
>>
ITT: Burger problems. Meanwhile the rest of the world has learned how to provide healthcare for their citizens and not waste billions on a corrupt insurance system.
>>
>>18223412
>yuros pretending they still have sovereignty

2+2=5?
>>
Anyone else?

Currently filing for an extension.

Need advice that isn't "My Country is Better than Your Country" shitposting.
>>
>>18223851
are you not eligible for any of the exemptions? I thought they had something where you didn't have to pay the fine if you were under the poverty level
>>
>>18223934
Update for anyone still following.

I checked off an exemption, saving me from the fine since my workplace insurance was over $2,000, which was double the limit for an acceptable annual premium I could not afford.

My tax return is safe: for now. Whether the IRS is going to bust my door down that cold Tuesday morning will be revealed, soon enough.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.