[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

College Major Help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: fr.jpg (31KB, 450x250px) Image search: [Google]
fr.jpg
31KB, 450x250px
Right now I'm doing "Media and Information," and yes, I'm starting to realize it's a waste of money and is essentially worthless. I want to change to something good but I hate math and just don't have the will to do something like medicine or law. The computer science program at my university is notoriously difficult and competitive so I'm not doing that. Can someone suggest something good? I'm not very smart, unfortunately, so I feel like my options are limited. Everyone suggests STEM degrees, but I'm not really good at and don't like math.
>>
>>18222885
Abandon all of it. Get a skill trade.
>>
>>18222885
yeah, culinary for example. I usually come across as a smart kid but I'm lazy as fuck and would rather chop onions than fuck around with CAD software all day.
Culinary is the way to go. All you need is a good set of knives and a fuckton of make-belief you feed the interwiever with. Just tell them you see cooking as an art, for instance.
>>
>>18222885
there's nothing wrong with media and information dude, step back and realize that your degree is what you make of it.
>>
>>18222885
>not very smart

Then give up on school. A useless degree won't help you.

I'm in film and media studies which is run through my english department. It's actually the screenwriting major outside of the drama department and I have had a lot of practice writing screenplays and treatments in it. It sounds worthless but isn't if you're smart and creative enough to actually learn the structure and write well enough to either sell spec scripts or write for television.

I took one class similar to your major and that was a new media class. Talked about Nieche and how the way we communicate influences how we think.

I quit social media in the middle of that class because it was so profoundly disgusting.
>>
>>18222888
Not op but my plan is to finish my degree then go for a trade if I can't get a nice job. Is this good or is it better to get the trade without uni because apprenticeships are easier to get as a non grad?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.