[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fix friendship?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1439776953866.jpg (131KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1439776953866.jpg
131KB, 900x900px
So I offended a friend by mistake a couple of weeks ago... someone I normally talk to every two days. I tried to apologize to her, and we were supposed to see a movie the next day, but that got canceled by her. Now I haven't heard from her at all.

To make things worse, I just had a falling out with that entire group of friends because they think I'm "morally despicable" for supporting United in that recent passenger thing.

Should I bother apologizing again or just leave her alone until/if she gets back to me? I've lost lots of friends recently over random things so this kind of sucks to lose someone I was talking to every day almost.
>>
are you a guy? you're not wrong for siding with United (the liability here lies with the individual officer) but who really cares? this is some facebook normie caliber bullshit, find better people
>>
>>18222842

I'm a guy. Just seemingly running out of friends all of a sudden.
>>
>>18222842
>not wrong for siding with United
he actually is. they violated their own policy in even attempting to remove people who were already boarded from the plane
>>
>>18222850

Boarding isn't completed until the doors are shut.
>>
>>18222845
You just had to voice your opinion didn't you kek
Just be prepared to lose friends any time you decide to play devils advocate. Darwinism strikes again.
>>
>>18222819
If you make an effort to get in contact and not highlight the event again, your effort should be noted or acknowledged

(I.E. Say "hi =)" not "i'm sorry =(" )

It's easy to act like a broken dog in this situation, but if you being you isn't something they like or respect, then fuck em

If you are an introvert and this is one of your good friends this is going to hurt a lot! You can take the I'm sorry approach but in my exp people like the moving on approach better

As for the United thing it's a small issue in a friendship if they bail on you for that fuck em

I'm going through a similar situation now, and the thing that has steered me true north is the quote

"It's better to be alone than with friends that make you feel alone"

Good luck friend
>>
>>18222859
there's no legal definition of boarding and that's why United will settle once they inevitably get sued
>>
forget it op
its done
theres 7 billion people on the planet, make friends with someone whos not a cunt
>>
>>18222819
Why are you so free with your bullshit opinions, Anon?
>>
>>18222981
There was an ongoing discussion happening about the United thing. My dad is a pilot and people were under a lot of misconceptions about what the guy's rights were and so I brought it up... but apparently they're all "corporations wrong, customer is always right" people, which I didn't know.
>>
>>18222993
Well if it was just a matter of "he agreed to get off the plane under these exact circumstances based on the contract of carriage he received when he bought his ticket" and then they all went boooooooo and never spoke to you again, then you need new friends. But I bet that's not what happened. I bet you continued well past the point that anyone cares what your argument originally was.
>>
>>18223003

It was pretty much "he had a ticket so can never be kicked off" -- I'd answer why that wasn't true. "They should have just told the crew to go fuck themselves and not fly" -- I'd answer that it would lead to the cancellation or delay of subsequent flights and screw over hundreds of passengers instead of this one guy, but of course they ignored that. "They should have made the crew drive four hours and take the plane" -- And I explained that federal regulations prevented that.

Of course then they claim that the police "rushed the plane" and "beat the man up," when really he resisted and slipped out of the guy's arms and bashed his face.

It was basically a "OMG ANON HOW CAN YOU THINK THIS GUY ISN'T ALLOWED TO DO WHATEVER HE WANTS OMG COPS ARE EVIL I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU SUPPORT THE COPS"

People in hysterics instead of thinking logically. I'm still mad about it.
>>
>>18223020
You might try lightning up. Or get more based friends.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.