[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unfirending someone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

It's been so long since I've visited this board. I need help at something I didn't do in my life. I'm going to make it as clear and short as possible.

>In college, second year.
>This alcohol binging, typical college dude has been my friend since the start
>Best friends actually
>This year, however, he started building up this habit of taking everything personal and calling it "anger issues"
>Now he drinks even more, he has been in two fights that he started because of small shit talking stuff, and he always used a knife

He even broke a window in my house in one of those fights. It's like, we were always providing for him and his alcohol addiction but now he's just a burden especially on me. I'm letting him to my house where he can drink till he passes out, thus leading to a clustershit of mess the day after and he thinks I'm obliged to be with him in any fight, give money for his cigs and beers when he doesn't have any or I should take him as my role model.

Now, I have two main issues. I live with my schoolmate and he's a little bit dumb about this situation, he also wants to cut some ties off with him but...I think he cowards out when it comes to talking? I don't know, he completely changes. Another thing is, like I said, this guy started to take everything personally. I fear of a "sharp" outcome after this situation
heheheheh, sharp...eh...hehm.
Knives.

So, I need help /adv/. How can I unfriend him, without inducing such tense situations?

Pic kinda related, explaining his other things with a meme for ya.
>>
bemp
>>
bump one more
>>
Stop bumping frequently, adv is a slow board. Anyways, it seems to me you enable his behavior, stop lending him money for shit.
>>
>>18222479
You've enabled him to this point, and that's not to say it's your fault or that you're responsible for him, but if he can get violent then this isn't the way to go about things
You have a talk with him, say "This is where I have to give you some tough love. I'm drawing a clear line in the sand- I'm worried about you, I'll be here for you and do what I can to help, but I won't be your emotional rag anymore. You've been invited into my home and have acted very disrespectfully, there won't be anymore binge drinking, messes or property damage. I've been there for you and put up with more than any friend should and you've taken advantage of my kindness. If you don't act appropriately then you're no longer welcome at my house."
If he argues, don't argue back, just let the situation naturally dissipate but hold yourself to your words, he'll have been warned as long as you are clear and are able to communicate the point.
If he acts this way again after this discussion, slowly phase him out of your life until he is nonexistant in it. When you drop people "on their ass" they tend to hold resentment towards you rather than actually looking at their own actions. You have to correct behavior as it comes along, I'm not saying you did it but humans have a tendancy to try to be nice and say "It's fine, don't worry about it!" when there is a genuine problem and the behavior is repeated or sometimes trumped.
If there is a threat of violence, you need to tread extremely lightly and avoid going to extremes, some people are legitimately crazy and don't deserve special treatment, but your life is worth the extra effort.
>>
>>18222479
>I fear of a "sharp" outcome after this situation
>heheheheh, sharp...eh...hehm.
>Knives.
How can you be in college and still type like such a complete faggot?

Re; your actual problem, you don't "unfriend" people in real life, the world is not fucking Facebook. Just stop hanging out with him, stop letting him into your home, and if he asks why, tell him that you're tired of being taken advantage of and you're tired of tolerating his alcohol problem. Kids who think being a lush is a fun personality trait are the fucking worst. If he gets violent or threatens to, show him that you're serious and call the fucking cops.

Frankly, this kid has a problem that you should have brought up with him a long time ago, but it's not your job to hold his hand. Suggest that he get help, and hope that he does. Nothing more you can do.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.