[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prom

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

So prom is less than a month away now and basically everyone in my friend group has a date besides me and this other girl. Inside our large friend group, I don't really talk to her that much at all but everyone is expecting me to ask her to prom now because were the last two without a date. I was planning on not going to the actual prom and just going to the party after without a date but that's a pretty weak move. So to cut to the chase... I don't really know how I should ask her. We would be going together as friends and I do not expect ANYTHING as far as hooking up with her, she's really attractive and I definitely would given the opportunity (but she's known to have a very specific type). I don't want to do anything too overblown and lovey-dovey but I also don't want it to be a simple awkward question. Need some ideas how to ease into the question and kind of break the ice.
>>
>>18222457
>I was planning on not going to the actual prom and just going to the party after without a date but that's a pretty weak move.
Why? Prom sucks anyway, your original plan is better than going with someone you aren't dating and don't really care about romantically.
>>
>>18222496

>prom is stupid meme

This is literally only said by people that don't have friends or can't even get a date as a friend. Don't get me wrong, it's not some life changing experience, but it's one of those rite of passage things you should go to just to look back on it. If done right, you'll get a good story or two, a couple of cheap pictures, and don't have to be the guy that says "w-well prom sucks anyways" when people at college, later in life, or your kids ask about it.

Anyways, just keep it chill with this girl. Maybe have one of your friends slip to her that you're planning on asking as a friend, and then do something slightly nicer to genuinely ask. I mean, if she says to your friend "no I'm going with dude X or bust," you can pull back in this case.
>>
>>18222496
Well I'm gonna have to disagree, it'll definitely be more fun if I have a date. I'll be able to incorporate myself much easier into the whole event rather than just popping up out of nowhere. I mean it's a time meant to spend with all of your close friends and it definitely doesn't 'suck'. And besides, a lot of people take others to prom as friends, I know there's at least 5 pairs out of my group that are.
>>
>>18222518
>Meme

Nah man, prom sucks and is overrated.
>>
>>18222518
She definitely already knows about me not having a date and that I'm probably going to ask her. It was the girls idea that I go with her and she's already discussed it with them and will say yes if I ask. I'm asking more for a simple clever idea on how to ask her considering our personal friendship is not very close.
>>
>>18222537

Gotcha. I'm thinking back to my prom days... Maybe fill up her car with balloons? Decorate her car with that stuff you write on Windows with?

At this point I'd just google "prom ideas" and pick one out of the book. Anything too creative is going to be seen as trying too hard and implying there's another layer to this.
>>
>>18222457
You go to her. You stand in front of her.
You say
>sup
>would you like to go to prom with me?
That's it.
If you don't feel the need to fuck her, and you know you won't fuck her, then just keep it formal.
Should've asked someone from your hobby circles, tbqh.
>>
>>18222457
just talk to her? since it's just as friends there's no need to do anything special.
>>
Ask her OP, if she seems reluctant say that you just wanna go as friends. Prom is a great time to spend with your friends, and you should definitely go. You should ask her in person, and if she says yes then you could do a promposal if you want to.
>>
>>18222457
I'm a freshman in college m8, was too shy to ask girl I wanted to go with but kinda regret not going. Instead of going I smoked weed and ate shrooms at the ocean which was fun too I guess, I'll always wonder how it coulda been. Don't wonder and just go, after you graduate it won't matter trust me.
>>
>>18222457
>Hey, wanna go to the prom with me?
How hard is it OP
>>
>>18222457
prom is a complete waste of money on a girl that you are never going to see later in life.
>>
File: 1489580232619.webm (551KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
1489580232619.webm
551KB, 720x404px
lol glad Im not Murican. I'm sure Prom was invented to keep virgins like OP on suicide watch.
>>
Fuck... There were girls who wanted me to ask them to our version of "prom" (I'm European) but instead I didn't even buy the tickets and spent the evening with my cousin. Maybe they dreamt of it...
Don't be me, OP.
>>
>>18222896
Why didn't you go? Shy?
>>
I went to prom with a friend. I ended up crushing pretty hard on him after the night went so well. Nothing came off it (thankfully. We're compatible friends, dunno about dates) and we still talk to this day.

The new promposal crap is ridiculous and shallow. Just ask her and specify it is as friends. Make a bad joke about being a third wheel together or something.

Half my friends just went with other friends, it isn't a bad thing. And don't swear off prom, you will have some good memories no matter your hobbies or social status or dance ability. And the after parties are nice too.

I miss an excuse to wear a floor length gown and be pretty. I guess there are Mardi Gras balls still....
>>
File: beauty-and-the-beast-dance.jpg (174KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
beauty-and-the-beast-dance.jpg
174KB, 1600x900px
>>18222934
I'll take you to a ball, my love. Each year 2 times at least, cause you're special.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.